Home

Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

This is a discussion on Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-22-2010, 07:44 PM   #161
Rookie

major major's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

Off the hip.

Maybe you could have the left stick act as the hitter's eyes. Meaning as the ball leaves the pitchers hand u track the balls trajectory with the left stick. If ur left stick tracking is spot on, u see the laces or pitch type. This also may allow the user to release his top hand if tracking the outside even if the ball is not.

Sorry fellas, just really into this game. Trying to help LOL!

MCA-RIP Brother!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 07:59 PM   #162
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Cards, all I can say to your post is thank goodness for auto field. I simply can't do it on my own. I'm 100% on board with you there.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:57 AM   #163
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyray64
I like the playoff mode idea. What the game really needs is a create a stadium and create a team mode.
I second this. I would love to see a create a stadium feature for the first year in franchise mode. This is particularly true for those of us who use Oakland
Old 09-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #164
Banned

ElectricWizard's Arena

OVR: 3
uniforms need to be current. Also if you do a 3/4 sleeve you should be able to wear a arm band. thick wrist bands and arm bands shouldn't touch. add the under armour type long sleeve option.

STANCES: players need to be looking at the pitcher and whatever angle is chosen by the player the stances should be on that angle. Pitcher view has a slight angle yet the stances are straight on. closed stances should be in the batters box. You cant have guys all over the plate (ex. Soriano).

Create-a-stance or just more current/better stances. I get people change but this years stances was horrible.

need more/better body types/motions. (fat players need to look fat etc.)
Old 09-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #165
All Star

rsox's Arena

OVR: 20
So... no one liked my idea to include Hazel Mae?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 08:29 PM   #166
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsox
So... no one liked my idea to include Hazel Mae?
Okay...

Fielding revamp, pitcher deception...

And Hazel Mae! ... And Heidi Watney!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:21 AM   #167
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
With all that you mentioned, ratings are going to play a part and therefore there will be, whats the term you use, "dice rolls".

You cannot separate good players from bad players by user input and changes to the aids. You can't. Ratings have to be used and therefore the game will always have a "randomness" to it.
I'm not following you on this, please let me know what I am not understanding...

Pitcher A has a 100 rated fastball and throws a golf ball.
Pitcher B has a 50 rated fastball and throws a beach ball.

The user aims then a physics engine kicks in which displays the result. This is a calculation not a dice roll. And which pitcher would you rather face? I'll take the beach ball and would probably sprain my back from swinging so hard.

Changing the size of the ball may not seem realistic...or is it? Like Vin Scully (Dodgers announcer who's been around 1000 years) likes to say about the knuckleball - "It's like hitting a ping-pong ball in a windstorm." And having colored balls is not realistic either but it replicates real life abilties. Take for example Ted Williams who probably saw the ball as if it was in slow motion.

I do wonder though if any game implimented something like the "Hitters eye" would it be a liability? In other words could they get sued by EA for ripping off the idea?

Last edited by swaldo; 09-24-2010 at 02:24 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #168
Rookie

OVR: 6

The 'batter's eye' or 'hitter's eye' with coloured balls is TOTALLY not realistic - and should have never been implemented in a baseball game.

In The Show they already have 'hitter's eye' when you guess pitch correctly, you get a visual cue that you've guessed the correct pitch... Please no.

And the Hazel Mae thing? While she is a plus broadcaster, ( She was great here in Toronto ) I don't get how she makes it onto the 'pretty' broadcasters lists all the time... Her successor on Sportsnet, Martine Gaillard.. and Laura Daikun from theScore, good looking sports ladies... Google it!

ok. back to topic.

Last edited by cheechoo98; 09-24-2010 at 03:11 PM. Reason: spelling

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »