Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #137
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

The more I play this demo the more I'm starting to feel it.

Last night I messed around with some different formations with Arsenal and was able to hold Real Madrid to 0 shots in a couple of games.

The biggest reason for this was being able to get back to blocking passing lanes as opposed to charging the CPU player in possession. Playing on the SLOW game speed makes this much easier. This also forced a lot of back passing even from Chelsea.

While I will agree with most that say it's a bit too easy to take the ball away from CPU attackers, I do feel that you can't charge certain players because they will dribble circles around you. Messi, Iniesta, CR7, etc. Drogba is really physical, but it's always easier to take the ball away from defenders....as it should be. What I'm trying to say is that the player personality is starting to glow.

The choice seems to be charge the CPU player in possession and try to get the ball from him and risk the constant forward pressure, or play off ball defense and block passing lanes to the front man and force the back pass to slow the game down. I like the latter.

Another thing is that there is significant risk in using the 2nd defender press on the CPU because the referee is much more sensitive....FINALLY!! I have surrendered 2 penalty kicks using that option in the area. I haven't given up a penalty in 3 years.

Lastly, I do prefer the WC level this year as opposed to the last few years when players with dribble ratings in the 60s and 70s could dribble circles around the best defenders in the world. Hopefully the final version has the CPU passing out of trouble a little more.
Old 09-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #138
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I love the PS3 demo. I just hope they don't pull a Konami and mess up the full release, because this demo is just a breath of a fresh air. If the PC version doesn't improve on the system issues, I'll be a FIFA ps3 groupie for the year.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:41 AM   #139
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I have a problem. I love the FIFA 11 demo on 360...but I don't know ANYTHING about the sport except for yellow/red cards and offsides. I love the passing, love just passing it midfield and trying to protect a lead. Love shooting and heading in the carom/rebound off the goalie for a goal. Love rushing the net with that 2 on 1 advantage. The game feels good and I really like the "European" presentation.

My dilemma is that this would literally be my first full version of FIFA that I've ever owned if I buy it. Will I get overwhelmed? I want to implement sound strategy and play the game the right way. The game is just fun for me on slow speed.

Between the NHL and FIFA demos, and NBA2k11 coming out soon, I have a problem of too many quality games to play!!

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 09-21-2010, 01:39 PM   #140
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I have a problem. I love the FIFA 11 demo on 360...but I don't know ANYTHING about the sport except for yellow/red cards and offsides. I love the passing, love just passing it midfield and trying to protect a lead. Love shooting and heading in the carom/rebound off the goalie for a goal. Love rushing the net with that 2 on 1 advantage. The game feels good and I really like the "European" presentation.

My dilemma is that this would literally be my first full version of FIFA that I've ever owned if I buy it. Will I get overwhelmed? I want to implement sound strategy and play the game the right way. The game is just fun for me on slow speed.

Between the NHL and FIFA demos, and NBA2k11 coming out soon, I have a problem of too many quality games to play!!
Take this however you want to, but last year was the first time I bought a soccer game in my life. I'll watch soccer on occasion , but usually only when it's the World Cup or a big-time Euro League game. Anyways, I decided to buy it for the first time last year, and it quickly became my favorite sports series. I've probably played FIFA 10 more than any game in my collection (maybe not MW2). Now I'm to the point where this year the game is a must-buy. And yes it feels very good to me as well, I think this series is EA's best.

Last edited by CC; 09-21-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:19 PM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 7

I've played the demo alot, and I'm disappointed with the cpu's finishing touch, as well as lack of offense. They show no creativity. It's always the same ole thing-take it straight up the middle of the pitch. No switching from one side of the pitch to the other, not much passing to speak of. They did have this one breakaway. I though I was going to give up a goal. It was 2 on my keeper. One guy with the ball, the other trailing just behind and to the left. Halfway inside the 18, my keeper commited to the man with the ball.
Did he-a. chip it over my keeper's head
b. pass it to his buddy for an easy goal
c. fake out the keeper and finish
d. run straight into my keeper.

The correct answer is D. I couldn't believe it. I was upset. Has this happened to anyone else? I wanted him to score. He caught me too far up and I deserved to concede this goal.

Needless to say, I am unsure about this game. I like the idea of create a club, but the game has got to play correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 12:25 AM   #142
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor-17
I've played the demo alot, and I'm disappointed with the cpu's finishing touch, as well as lack of offense. They show no creativity. It's always the same ole thing-take it straight up the middle of the pitch. No switching from one side of the pitch to the other, not much passing to speak of. They did have this one breakaway. I though I was going to give up a goal. It was 2 on my keeper. One guy with the ball, the other trailing just behind and to the left. Halfway inside the 18, my keeper commited to the man with the ball.
Did he-a. chip it over my keeper's head
b. pass it to his buddy for an easy goal
c. fake out the keeper and finish
d. run straight into my keeper.

The correct answer is D. I couldn't believe it. I was upset. Has this happened to anyone else? I wanted him to score. He caught me too far up and I deserved to concede this goal.

Needless to say, I am unsure about this game. I like the idea of create a club, but the game has got to play correctly.
The goal variety is pretty limited to say the least. Still picking this up though. It's a solid footy game.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:53 AM   #143
MVP

OVR: 11

Not sure how I feel

I don't watch soccer as much as many people here I'm sure but when I do I notice how real life teams play with some patience and let guys catch their breath at times. For a few years now I've wondered why the computer refuses to pass backward and keeps moving the ball aggressively up the pitch.

Guess it would make it less fun for a videogame but would add to the realism
Old 09-22-2010, 07:43 AM   #144
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
Not sure how I feel

I don't watch soccer as much as many people here I'm sure but when I do I notice how real life teams play with some patience and let guys catch their breath at times. For a few years now I've wondered why the computer refuses to pass backward and keeps moving the ball aggressively up the pitch.

Guess it would make it less fun for a videogame but would add to the realism
Yeah, this is why I just focus on online play. Neither game does a good job of replicating the sport when playing against the AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »