Home

Gameflow and Responsibility Go Hand in Hand

This is a discussion on Gameflow and Responsibility Go Hand in Hand within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-19-2010, 08:12 AM   #33
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Gameflow and Responsibility Go Hand in Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
your asking for a properly working AI. What, exactly, makes you think the EA team is even capable of such a feat?
I'm not expecting this to be in Madden 12, probably within the next three years they'll be able to incorporate it all...as long as they don't scrap Gameflow all together.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-19-2010, 08:43 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
The other side of the coin......

I think Gameflow/Gameplan is a joke. The only difference between this and Ask Madden is that you pick the pool of plays that Maddens AI randomly selects from. Thats it. Nothing more complicated or revolutionary than that. And guess what? If you throw a draw play into your 3rd and long set then your as likely to get that play on 3rd and 7 at your 11 yard line(a realistic spot for it if you don't want to risk a turnover) as you are to get it on 3rd and ball game with :01 second left when your at your opponents 37 yard line and you need a TD to win. Your simply narrowing the ways in which Ask Madden could give you a random, and sometimes stupid, play.

I use 5-8 different playbooks and I know them well. I can pick my plays as fast or faster than Gameflow and they actually make sense. Am I 19 with nothing better to do with my time? No...I'm 39 with a job, a wife, and 3 kids. Am I some cheeser who uses 3 plays all game? No...Anyone on this site who has played me will tell you that I'm as sim as they come. I use my ENTIRE PB on both sides of the ball (I run a legit 3-4 defense).

Imo, this is nothing more than EA dressing up a feature that was never worth a flip and calling it innovative. If you enjoy it and it works for you....then great. There is no right or wrong here. But as for me.....the day I have to turn to a glorified Ask Madden is the day i put the game down.

Where this feature has shined is not for us the user but in making the CPU play and call a much tighter game. In combination with the right slider set (I use my own tweaked version of Mike32Ownz set) I am getting the most realistic and challenging Franchise madden games I have ever had in this series. I don't know if EA intended this. But this is the awesome by-product that the feature spawned and I pray they do not drop it.

Games against the CPU are 100% better.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #35
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

As a person who suffered a stroke and cannot use his right hand gameflow and game planning came along at the right time. I cannot look thru all those plays in .40 sec and the game takes less time to complete.
So for someone who is now slightly handicap it is a great feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 12:10 PM   #36
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29
Still waiting for a patch to fix the D. Until then been playing NCAA11. A great football game!
Old 09-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #37
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

One reason Gameflow works: audibles.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:52 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 12
I agree...gameflow has it perks....It makes the game flow much faster and like other said, once u get some good gameplans and change the coaching schemes for the teams...the game is 10 times better...
Old 09-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #39
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43
Why not have a 'save game' option? Frequently, I have to sim part of a game and wish Madden had the option to save and finish later.

I am glad The Show allows the user to save and finish a game when I have the time.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:45 AM   #40
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24
As usual the devs added gimmicks instead of fixing legacy issues... as someone else already posted, I do better calling my own plays. The computer is no better when you assign it a gameplan and gameflow, I really don't know how anyone could even suggest that these additions make the computer play any better. In every interview I have read, even the devs admit that this years game is more offensive, and that the game is easier.. anyone who can tell that by the ridiculous amount of scoring and broken tackles by mediocre player is delusional. I didn't buy Madden this year, it was given to me, and that is really the only way I will ever get the game again until they fix the game, add some type of physics in order to combat the canned animation controlled foolishness that happens.

Yes locomotion made the players move better, but even that wasn't implemented correctly, because the devs have indicated that this may be where the defensive problems lie...either way, Gameplan and Gameflow shold have been shelved until the rest of Maddens issues were resolved. My major concern has never been not having time enough to game... I only game when I have time, I don't start a game 20 minutes before I have to leave for work, anyone who has to schedule in some gaming time really just needs to grab a book or handheld, and take that with you. Your obviously busier that a doc on rotation, so that may e more suitable to your convoluted schedule.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »