Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-18-2010, 01:20 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
I blame it on 3-minute halves.
Me too. One of the best things I ever did with FIFA 10 (and World Cup for that matter) was change the half length to 10 minutes. Completely changes the game and gets rid of that fast break feeling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 06:47 PM   #122
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Old 09-18-2010, 08:21 PM   #123
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

the second goal is what really bothers me about FIFA. It's way too easy to dispossess your opponent and usually leads to a one on one with the GK. I hope they fix that soon.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #124
AB>

Moses Shuttlesworth's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
the second goal is what really bothers me about FIFA. It's way too easy to dispossess your opponent and usually leads to a one on one with the GK. I hope they fix that soon.
Agreed. When stuff like that happens and I play with my friends we give a goal back.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:55 AM   #125
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Shuttlesworth
Agreed. When stuff like that happens and I play with my friends we give a goal back.
FIFA's problem isn't so much the attackers are able to take away the ball. They should because defenders are defenders for a reason. The problem is the AI needs to get rid of it knowing that it can't hold onto the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 01:24 AM   #126
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

I've never bought a soccer game before but this game has me intrigued. I played the demo tonight and I REALLY LIKED it.

Need a little advice about the learning curve. I understand the game and how it is played in general and really want to get into getting a soccer game this year. Would this be a good choice?
Old 09-19-2010, 02:49 AM   #127
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Finally got to play the PS3 demo.. and I gotta say I'm pretty impressed.

I've always enjoyed soccer games much more on the 360... the controls just seem much tighter, a little more fluid. With that being said, the game just feels much more organic as some people on here have stated. There are more loose balls, you now have full control of the defenders when a ball is being passed(before, the defender would automatically run straight to the back of the player receiving the ball), now you have more freedom in every aspect of the game.

Its still a bit hectic at times, but much like real soccer, you sometimes just have to make the easy back pass or shield the ball for a second to open things up. I think once you realize that you don't have to attack all the time, you'll really start to appreciate it. That and extend the half length by a good 4-5 minutes. I have yet to play PES, so I can't compare, but this game is really good.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:15 AM   #128
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

played world cup 2010 world class level and it was a great experience. Almost everything was good and in general, it was the most fun and realistic soccer game i've ever played. this coming from a huge and loyal PES fan.

Tried the demo last nite, and world class level has taken a step back IMO. The cpu gets disposessed way too easily so there's no risk and reward. WC2010, if you overpursue, they will make you pay, but the cpu AI at least on WC level is a lot clumsier in fifa 11. Also, i've seen LESS overlapping by cpu DMs and Wingbacks than WC 2010. My one complaints pre-wc2010, was that fifa games , the cpu scoring was done 95 percent by the forwards/AMs and very very rare the Dms contributed in the run of play. It was fixed completely in wc 2010, but is this yet again a problem in fifa 11 ? I hope not, but my first impression says it very well could be.

I'm going to play more and judge, but my first impressions from fifa 11: not so enthused.

ALso, whatever happened to personality +......all my players have the same pass accuracy feel and if there is a difference, it reall couldn't be felt. I wanna really eel the difference between a Xavi/Pirlo versus Gattuso/Ferdinand passing wise.....

maybe legendary level is the holy grail, but i don't know....fifa\s highest levels usually yield suspect gameplay in terms of cpu boosts and such.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »