Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-16-2010, 11:18 PM   #105
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

still way to easy to knock the ball loose from your opponent. Just run right in to him and the ball is yours the majority of the time. And the whole Personality+ thing......I don't really see it. If by Personality + they mean giving every guy the ability to do the same spin move, then I see it.

Still a solid game. Both FIFA and PES are day one purchases.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 11:29 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 6

That goal highlight was great. Great cross by the way. If I'm not hearing things the crowd sounded pretty awesome also.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:49 AM   #107
MVP

Cabke's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadskee
Watch your pace and lay off the turbo, make passes and don't be afraid to pass it back to keep control. As for shooting learn to use the finesse shot (Right Bumper when pressing B) since it's a less powerful and has more of a curve. I find it was easier to score with it early on since I didn't send every shot over the bar. If you aren't using a finesse shot I recently found that holding down the left trigger as I shoot helps keep the shot down as well.

That's my random sporadic advice haha xD.
Thanks man. I'll definitely give that a shot.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:18 AM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
I am sorry but I downloaded PES 2011 tonight and I am not that thrilled. It has improved but this game is still not next gen. The players are still too robotic and slow in response furthermore 360....what 360? In my opinion it is still 8 axis and I hope that is not the sound because that sound was just annoying. The graphics? I don't know as the european version will only offer a 720 p resolution demo but FIFA has made a great leap in the graphics.
I wasn't feeling PES either. I was really looking forward to giving it a shot after all the great stuff I have read, but I think so many bloggers have been in the dumps with where PES has been the last few years that any glimmer of improvement makes for 'PES is BACK!' type headlines. I never really felt in control during the PES demo. No jostling for position, no feel of 360º movement, nothing. It felt very rigid. A definite improvement over PES 2010, but I guess I'm not seeing why every one's drinking the kool-aid on PES 2011 already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
still way to easy to knock the ball loose from your opponent. Just run right in to him and the ball is yours the majority of the time. And the whole Personality+ thing......I don't really see it. If by Personality + they mean giving every guy the ability to do the same spin move, then I see it.

Still a solid game. Both FIFA and PES are day one purchases.
I like that I'm finally seeing skill moves from the CPU, but I agree that the Personality + feature isn't really shining through in this demo. Right now I'm chalking it up to the fact that the halves are only 3 minutes. Not much you can really pull from the game in 6 total minutes in my opinion. Just as things start to get flowing for me, the half is over. I'm not sure why EA thinks 3 minute halves is enough time to sell people on the new features. Give me the equivalent of an online ranked game at least. I myself prefer 10 minute halves.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:30 AM   #109
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantpop

I like that I'm finally seeing skill moves from the CPU, but I agree that the Personality + feature isn't really shining through in this demo. Right now I'm chalking it up to the fact that the halves are only 3 minutes. Not much you can really pull from the game in 6 total minutes in my opinion. Just as things start to get flowing for me, the half is over. I'm not sure why EA thinks 3 minute halves is enough time to sell people on the new features. Give me the equivalent of an online ranked game at least. I myself prefer 10 minute halves.
Yeah I agree about the personality +. Also, the CPU does not respect or recognize players. I'm controlling CR7 last night 1-on-1 out on the wing last night. Instead of sitting back the CPU comes crashing into me everytime.

Honestly, it feels like '10 a lot with improved player movement.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:37 AM   #110
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Guys, let's please keep the PES impressions in the PES forum (and likewise for over there).
Old 09-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #111
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Nothing too exciting here but I like the backheel pass from Drogba and Anelka fanning in front of a wide open net....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Nothing too exciting here but I like the backheel pass from Drogba and Anelka fanning in front of a wide open net....
I gotta say. Those are the little things of FIFA I love! I am not talking about the backheel pass which I loved but the defender appealing with so much emotion to the linesman for an offside which by the way it wasn't. I love that!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »