Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Roundtable within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Roundtable

1. Best thing in the demo?

Chris Sanner -
First off, the demo is actually rather functional. There are several playable teams, and you have the ability to test out a couple of modes, which is a hard combination to beat. After that, the gameplay is much improved. AI players (NPC and CPU) react to the situation at hand much better, they go after loose balls, and they react relatively lifelike. The gameplay has seen some minor, yet big improvements that make the entire package seem a lot better than last year.

Caley Roark - I'll agree with Chris' opening thought. It's nice to be able to play a full game and have multiple teams to choose from. Even a game that ends in a tie goes to PKs -- often it seems that demos end regardless. The goalies seem a lot smarter, and the AI seems to take away a lot of the "run and gun" style soccer that was possible in older versions.

Read More - FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Roundtable
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / NDS / PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 33
Really impressed with the smoothness of this years game. Everything is polished. There are some nice new player animations. I like the stat overlays, something that has been missing from previous iterations. Hopefully stat tracking & comparisons will play a bigger part in the career mode.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
Pro

budsticky's Arena

OVR: 13
I'm not sure what more you guys want them to do with the controls. There's only so much you can do with what's available on the 360/PS3 controllers. Besides, if it ain't broke don't fix it, and to me the controls are pretty damn solid. In my opinion I hope they keep any gimmicky control things out of this game.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18
Are you guys going to round table the PES demo?
Old 09-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 23
Very high quality gameplay. I'm hoping they really bring it this year with the manager mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
The only thing I am going to disagree with here as the whole impression was positive from both Chris and Caley is the PK system. I read about the new system when it was first introduced for FIFA World Cup 2010, and even though I didn't get to play the game, it seemed as though it would be a great idea and I was hoping it stayed for FIFA11. The reason I like it is because The concept of it is very simple, and it is pretty easy to get used to how it plays, whether or not you are good at it though is a whole different story, and that's why I love it. Just as in real life, taking a penalty is somewhat nerve racking, if you let pressure get to you or you over think the little things, and you can just as easily master it and almost never have one saved or miss the target. The new controls for the goalie as well make the system nicer because there is less of an occurrence of you diving the correct way, only to have your goalie not outstretch his arms enough or just simply lift an arm or leg to block the ball away. I hope the system stays for a while as it is very realistic in the fact that on both sides of the spot kick, you can be very good or very bad at them, and skill is involved.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #7
Rookie

AInquisition's Arena

OVR: 6
I'm not feeling the World Cup style PKs. Anyone know if the old version will be an option in the full game?
Old 09-16-2010, 08:43 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8
I have to agree....I am impressed by the demo...it is smooth and the graphics look improved from last year. I would have liked to have had more gameplay options (difficulty, manual/auto aim) in the demo to see how the real game will play for me. I am very much looking forward to the real thing on the 28th.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »