Home

Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

This is a discussion on Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2010, 01:36 PM   #89
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
Anytime I see "create-a-something" my eyes and ears perk up. Stadium? Big yes. Team? Hmm.....that'll be tough, cuz you would need to create minor league teams as well....
Mine as well. I'm still waiting for the day when we are given the ability to create a team (and uniform) from scratch. NCAA Football has taken this step and their TeamBuilder is fairly well done. I would love the ability to create an infinite number of teams/uniforms for a baseball game.. an online creation option like NCAA would be best I believe for custom logo purposes. Not that this would ever be "easy" to incorporate but if we do, indeed, see the new player models come to light this year.. maybe it would be an "easier" time since they're already working with the art team? Just a thought.

I would absolutely love to be able to make uniforms from scratch and put them into custom leagues (<-- see what I did there?) and set up colleges, high schools, throwbacks, anything you can imagine.

Maybe someday.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #90
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
Notice you said experienced users or as I would call them "lifers". The majority of people who would buy this game aren't likely to come on this board looking for tips. And if you're new to the game, the learning curve is very steep, in my opinion. It took me 2 and a half weeks to get the ball out of the infield, let alone hit for power. It can be frustrating, especially if the most heralded mode (RTTS) is largely dependent on succeeding early.

Some casual fans take those timing notes literally, not figuratively. They would prefer to see weak groundballs to 2nd base marked "just missed" or "late" or whatever other timing moniker.
If "solid" contact, more often the not, resulted in base hits, simply mastering the timing of how to hit would pillage the game of all statistical realism for hardcore players. These hardcore players are certainly the demographic MOST looking for realism. We can't have it both ways. A purely timing based hitting system, and statistically solid long term play.

I don't know, maybe it can be done. All I know for sure is that to baseball fans, numbers matter.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
If "solid" contact, more often the not, resulted in base hits, simply mastering the timing of how to hit would pillage the game of all statistical realism for hardcore players. These hardcore players are certainly the demographic MOST looking for realism. We can't have it both ways. A purely timing based hitting system, and statistically solid long term play.

I don't know, maybe it can be done. All I know for sure is that to baseball fans, numbers matter.
I'm not saying timing should be the only factor in hitting, of course players ratings need to have a lot of influence. My beef with the hitting system or the one mentioned in this article is you shouldn't be able to flick your stick(that sounds funny) up or down and be able to hit a fly ball or ground ball based off that. Your timing and left stick should determine the balls flight. The way it is now, I can flick my r stick up and hit a ball at my shins in the air or vice versa and hit a ground ball.

If you are talking about realism, a hitter goes up to the box needing to hit a fly ball he is going to be looking for something up...... he needs to move a runner over he's looking for something on the outside part of the plate. The right stick just makes it too easy to manipulate where you are hitting the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 06:50 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by moemoe24
If you are talking about realism, a hitter goes up to the box needing to hit a fly ball he is going to be looking for something up...... he needs to move a runner over he's looking for something on the outside part of the plate. The right stick just makes it too easy to manipulate where you are hitting the ball.
That's an option you can turn off though. it's called " swing influence ". i play with it off.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:49 AM   #93
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB01
That's an option you can turn off though. it's called " swing influence ". i play with it off.
I just simply don't use it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #94
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I just simply don't use it.
I guess there's no difference between having it off and having it on but not using it.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:00 PM   #95
Pro

delija66's Arena

OVR: 7
hitting should be like pro yakyuu spirits 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCdv8xmWmr0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 01:01 PM   #96
Pro

delija66's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote: