Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-16-2010, 02:49 AM   #73
Rookie

cheesesteak's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

some things i've noticed the more and more i play (some mentioned, some not).
- love the CPU doing skill moves
- CPU teammates still seem pretty passive on defense at times when there's a free ball, not all times. Perhaps that's just their aggressiveness rating?
- due to the 360deg possession fight, it seems the CPU always wins headers or lobs. Maybe I'm just not good at it.
- the finesse shots seem to be a lot better
- sometimes the change player button seems unresponsive (when the auto-change is completely off. Have yet to play w/ it on any other setting)
- be a goalie (in arena match at least) is awesome.
- outdated rosters, of course =D

Overall, love the gameplay and demo
Oregon State Beavers
Gonzaga Bulldogs
Old 09-16-2010, 06:08 AM   #74
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

well another year another demo impression where i type the same things....

user AI on defense is stupid
i am playing 10 positions on field
fatigue is missing

etc etc

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 09-16-2010, 08:11 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

this game is amazing from what i can tell by playing the demo. i've been playing the heck out of it and can't stop lol. here are some thoughts (notice: i'm playing on legendary difficulty level):

- much harder to score. not just because the time of the game is shorter for the demo, but overall you can easily tell how much better and smarter the ai is at defending.

- absolutely love how players aren't 100% sticking to where they are "supposed" to be according to their formation but rather moving around the field and many times wingers even switch flanks!

- goalkeepers, both ai and user, are much smarter, and better at making saves. you can easily see the improvement there.

- it's much harder to get by ai defenders, even with skills moves with elite players such as Messi & Ronaldo

- passing feels much more realistic, and at the same time harder. have to really think twice before making a pass.

- the only thing i absolutely hate though is the new penalty kicking system. now, i didn't buy the world cup game, and i heard that it was there same there, but in any case, i honestly don't see the point of changing it from what it was. made zero sense to me.

- one more thing i forgot was the spacing. don't really love it. they could have done a better job having your teammates spread out a bit more than they do.

Last edited by MrMVP91; 09-16-2010 at 08:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 09:27 AM   #76
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Only played 2 matches (Chelsea (me) vs Real Madrid & B.Lever(me) vs Barca) on Slow-World Class and it seemed like the MF is really congested. Real's MF played very deep which slowed the pace down a lot (which is a good thing) but their attack left a lot to be desired. They hit a few long balls to CR7 but I don't think they managed to get off any quality shots.

Vs Barcelona you could tell the difference in talent but Barca still didn't play anything like themselves with their attack. Xavi was pretty much invisible and barely touched the ball (could be a product of the 3min halves). Pedro made a couple of nice runs but you could tell that the main difference between the sides was once again speed. One thing I did really like was the play of Puyol. He made some very well-timed tackles, a few on the ground that were actually clean unlike last years where their slide-tackles were mostly card-worthy.

Still saw a lot of blatant fouls that weren't called. It's always hard to judge a game based off a 6min demo where both clubs are racing to score. I'd rather just have one 6-10min half.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:49 AM   #77
Kitten Mittens!!

thegut's Arena

The demo is impressive but a couple of things bothered me. My defenders are extremely passive. Running some tests I noticed that if you don't try to control defenders then they will keep running backwards instead of holding their ground. I literally watched my back four almost collectively back into the net with Drogba dribbling down the field with no support. The midfield is a bit to congested. Also tackles seem to be too effective right now. Other than those nit picks the game plays extremely smooth and I love the animations.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:31 AM   #78
Rookie

One of my big gripes from WC 2010 seems fixed: In my first match, tried to head a ball out of the box, but the game decided my keeper would catch the ball rather than my guy head it. Instead of my button press acting on the keeper and having him roll the ball right to an opponent for the easy goal, the keeper just held the ball and waited for my input. Yay!
Old 09-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #79
Uga
Rookie

OVR: 3

To anyone wondering, while the PC version does finally use the "Next Gen" engine, it's about a year behind in regards to controls, seeing as you can't do any of the "New Skills" that are shown in that video..
Didn't play the 360/PS3 demo so can't comment on gameplay other than that. Anyone tried both and can compare ?
Old 09-16-2010, 12:09 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uga
To anyone wondering, while the PC version does finally use the "Next Gen" engine, it's about a year behind in regards to controls, seeing as you can't do any of the "New Skills" that are shown in that video..
Didn't play the 360/PS3 demo so can't comment on gameplay other than that. Anyone tried both and can compare ?
i played on the ps3 but will download it on the 360 later today and check it out for that cause i'm still not 100% sure which one to get it for.

i'll compare 'em after that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »