Home

Carraggi's Corner: FIFAmerica

This is a discussion on Carraggi's Corner: FIFAmerica within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2010, 04:09 PM   #9
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43
Also things like google can teach people about transfers and loans. It's not very hard to comprehend what a transfer or a loan is.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:25 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4
You guys are on a SPORTS GAMING WEBSITE commenting on a story about SOCCER.

Mr. Carraggi isn't talking about YOU. You guys aren't casual fans of soccer or of sports games on consoles.

Re-read his last paragraph:

"Not all of these off-hand suggestions necessarily add to the sim aspects of the game, and many of the ***more knowledgeable fans of the game would object***, but the majority of these additions would be completely optional to help ease fringe fans into the game."

This is for the guy who sees FIFA on the counter, remembers watching some games of the World Cup and being slightly amused.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #11
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by addybojangles
You guys are on a SPORTS GAMING WEBSITE commenting on a story about SOCCER.

Mr. Carraggi isn't talking about YOU. You guys aren't casual fans of soccer or of sports games on consoles.

Re-read his last paragraph:

"Not all of these off-hand suggestions necessarily add to the sim aspects of the game, and many of the ***more knowledgeable fans of the game would object***, but the majority of these additions would be completely optional to help ease fringe fans into the game."

This is for the guy who sees FIFA on the counter, remembers watching some games of the World Cup and being slightly amused.
Exactly, everyone above missed the point of the article here. It's suggestions to possibly build the market of FIFA customers in America and perhaps even coaxing a new fan of the sport or two into the fold. These are for Joe America who doesn't know much, if anything, about Soccer on a worldwide basis.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 04:39 PM   #12
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6
I think adding more friendly/Arcade style game modes to Fifa might cause more American fans to buy FIFA but I believe the bigger piece is the education.

What formations work best for which types of teams would be great!

Also if they added a video on rivalries for each league would be very cool to watch. I know about the major rivalries but not much depth and videos would be a great addition!
Old 09-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
I think adding more friendly/Arcade style game modes to Fifa might cause more American fans to buy FIFA but I believe the bigger piece is the education.

What formations work best for which types of teams would be great!

Also if they added a video on rivalries for each league would be very cool to watch. I know about the major rivalries but not much depth and videos would be a great addition!
If the game becomes more friendly/Arcade, i guarantee you a large chunk of players would go back to PES.....Pes was the game to play a few years back, then around fifa 08 many people switcehd games (including myself), but with how pes is looking for the average football fan, any let up in realism for an unwanted (by non americans) gameplay change would lead to another mass migration loool
Old 09-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #14
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Carraggi's Corner: FIFAmerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Exactly, everyone above missed the point of the article here. It's suggestions to possibly build the market of FIFA customers in America and perhaps even coaxing a new fan of the sport or two into the fold. These are for Joe America who doesn't know much, if anything, about Soccer on a worldwide basis.
I object for reasons other than you might think. How do they get the word about a 7 on 7 mode out there? They have to specifically advertise to American audiences. Not only is this taking away from marketing budget that could be used for features that appeal to much of their user base, but also consider the man hours put in to making this mode work. Contrast that with the amount of new players it brings to the game, and I believe you would find it an unfavorable business decision.

The same thing goes for marketing their explanation of the transfer system (this could be spread by word of mouth, it probably would take more time to write the text than it would to actually build the menu into the game.

What can they do for rivalry games? Bump up the sound and add a commentary line?

These features don't seem to me as feasible marketing options, which is why I object. Well, in addition to the fact that a 7 on 7 mode just sounds un fun to play.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #15
Love Celtic, Hate Racism

CeltBhoy33's Arena

OVR: 43
How about this go buy FIFA street if you think soccer is boring or needs to be faster. FIFA shouldn't be based on Americans when the majority of the people who buy it are not American. In no way should there be 7 on 7 if you want to play that go buy a ball call up some lads and go play at there nearest pitch because that should not be in a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #16
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Carraggi's Corner: FIFAmerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltBhoy33
How about this go buy FIFA street if you think soccer is boring or needs to be faster. FIFA shouldn't be based on Americans when the majority of the people who buy it are not American. In no way should there be 7 on 7 if you want to play that go buy a ball call up some lads and go play at there nearest pitch because that should not be in a game.
Exactly.

How arrogant are we (as sports fans) when we want a sport that is the most popular in the world to change just so it fits into what we consider exciting or worth watching?

If people are genuinely interested in learning about soccer, then they will find ways to immerse themselves in it. Picking up a video game that has non-realistic elements in it isn't giving a true view of the sport to people who really want to get into it.

If I played a 7v7 mode and scored 10 goals a game, then go watch a European game on the weekend and maybe see 2-4 goals, I'd be badly misinformed (for lack of a better term) and probably disappointed.

- Playstation Football Association Career(online manager mode)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »