Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-15-2010, 02:03 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

this is the best football/ soccer game made ..i'm enjoying the heck out of the demo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #42
Rookie

dunlopp9987's Arena

OVR: 6

Standing tackles are insanely easy. I'm playing on World Class, and it seems I can tackle whoever is coming at me.

And I'm playing on slow, and it still feels fast. One of my big complaints from last year, and it doesn't seem to be fixed.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:31 PM   #43
CC
MVP

CC's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopp9987
Standing tackles are insanely easy. I'm playing on World Class, and it seems I can tackle whoever is coming at me.

And I'm playing on slow, and it still feels fast. One of my big complaints from last year, and it doesn't seem to be fixed.
I agree on the standing tackles, needs to be fixed. Playing on world class as well, and it is still an issue.

Still I just downloaded the demo an hour or so ago and can't stop playing. Probably the best sports demo I've ever played. Lots of teams (just unlocked Arsenal), and you can actually play a full game (although it's only 3 minute halfs). I can feel the improvements everywhere... Day 1 buy for me for sure.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:37 PM   #44
Pro

Lubey's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I wish I could get into the intricacies of soccer so that I could play this game/demo, but honestly without any idea about rules, strategy, etc I don't think I'd get much of an experience. Same with NHL. I'd love to have more sports games to buy including NHL and FIFA.
You're missing out on the 2 best sports games out right now. There's a huge drop off after these 2 franchises IMO.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #45
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20
I haven't played FIFA in years so take this for what it's worth. I played several games on Pro difficulty - Chelsea (me) versus Luverkusen:

First game was spent getting a feel for things and adjusting settings. The CPU was firing good shots on goal left & right and I lost 2-0. Funny because most the time I wasn't controlling the defender so my AI players looked pretty inept. The CPU attackers seemed way more aggressive and wanted the ball more than my team (and Chelsea is rated better.) After the game all my defenders had a game rating of around 5.0.

Second game was better, I was used to things now and kept the ball away from the CPU much more than the first game. When they did get deep my defenders played much better and the score ended 0-0. Went into penalty kicks and had no clue what I was doing and missed every shot.

Third game I wanted to sit around mid-field and watch my defense. Sure enough my back 4 pretty much played like garbage again. One of them was rated 7.4 after the game but the other 3 were around 5.0. What do you have to do, control the penalty area yourself? I dont like auto-switching, I just want to play as one player (striker) with no switches. In settings it says you're on your own if you choose "Manual Auto Switch" and there will be no auto-switching. However, every time I got the ball back the CPU made me in charge of the player with the ball. How do you do 100% player lock?

Fourth game I used different teams and had another tight back & forth game which ended 0-0. Went to penalty kicks and found the control guide for this buried in the menus. Still had a hard time putting the ball where I wanted and actually missed my first 4 shots (so did the CPU so am not sure what's up with that LOL.) Also, on corner kicks / free kicks etc there's no way to aim kicks? I want the ability to tell the computer where I want my curve bomb to land. It seems kinda like a crapshoot the way it is now.

After that I tried out the new "be a Goalkeeper." I scrolled around and had no idea how to start this mode and almost gave up. Fortunately someone on page one explained it: when it takes you to the 1 on 1 practice field (but not the one before a game) this apparently is called the "Arena." You then have to click the back button to select practice field then switch sides. Anyway, it was fun but I wish you could adjust camera angles. One time I passed the ball back then bum rushed the CPU about 30 yards away from the goal, then dove on the ground and grabbed the ball at his feet. He fell so I got up and took it to the house for a goal while he was chasing me, heh. I might just buy the game for this mode alone.

I can see this game being really rewarding for those who are serious and can grasp all of the special controls which I think have 5 levels. In addition each player has around 32 player ratings not including player tendencies and special abilities. Along with all of the team management options this appears to be a dream for any hardcore soccer player.

I would like to see the CPU play a more patient, ball control game though. Like a previous poster said every time they got the ball it was a furious attack always moving forward. Overall it's fun and has great controls but I dunno, it seems geared more towards excitement and big plays rather than realism. It's a wait and see for me, until I read the retail version impressions (especially the goalie mode) it's a hold for me.

Last edited by swaldo; 09-15-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #46
Uga
Rookie

OVR: 3

Anyone tried the demo on a 360/PS3 and on a PC to try and compare ?
Old 09-15-2010, 03:47 PM   #47
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

How do you take a penalty this year?

I always seem to miss and so does the computer
Old 09-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #48
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I wish I could get into the intricacies of soccer so that I could play this game/demo, but honestly without any idea about rules, strategy, etc I don't think I'd get much of an experience. Same with NHL. I'd love to have more sports games to buy including NHL and FIFA.
So why don't you search for and learn the rules and intricacies? Stuff like formations, transfer system, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »