Home

FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-15-2010, 12:32 AM   #25
Rookie

cheesesteak's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available For PS3, Tomorrow For 360, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneybalzs
very solid sports game. FIFA and NHL are hands down the best sports games EA has going.
that's b/c it's EA Canada. Their red-headed stepbrother is Tiburon, who does Madden and NCAA...all inferior to Canada's FIFA, NHL, and Fight Night (although Canada did Live...).

As for the demo, I love it. Love the variety of teams, too. Definitely a must play on slower speed, although i still play it fast since it's only 6 mins. Definitely seems more spacious and fluid compared to WC2010. Can't eff'ing wait til 9/28!
Oregon State Beavers
Gonzaga Bulldogs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 12:56 AM   #26
Pro

Mashiasu's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: FIFA Soccer 11 Demo Available For PS3, Tomorrow For 360, Post Impressions Here

enjoying the heck out of the demo.

the AI seems to be more aggressive and the npc also seem to run to the open spaces, which is nice.

my favorite camera angle is the broadcast cam, you can see the play develop and its an improvement over last years.

PK has a new system as it has a cursor going back and forth on a red, yellow and green indicator, don't have that down at all because any slight aiming and you shoot it wide.

I like that you now control the goalie with the R stick on PK's

and this is the first time I can remember having overlaying stats during the game.

the presentation looks a whole lot better and I like the player ratings screen.

I wish they would have made saving highlights along the lines of NCAA11

I knew I was going to get this soon but after firing up the demo and hearing Tighten Up by The Black Keys made this a first day buy
Old 09-15-2010, 03:44 AM   #27
Pro

Mashiasu's Arena

OVR: 9

6 minutes is way too short, I find myself getting immersed and then its halftime or full time I actually have to use tactics now which is nice and I saved a Pk

I had a couple of handballs called against me hadn't happened before.

also saw a Madrid player trip Messi away from the ball and the linesman flinch when a ball sailed over his head.

like I mentioned before graphics look the same and you may think the gameplay is stale but I'm noticing the subtle differences.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:21 AM   #28
Banned

Downloading fifa now and after that nba2k11
Old 09-15-2010, 05:56 AM   #29
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16
360 FIFA 11 Demo Available For Download

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-NZ/ga...of=0&bt=0&sb=1

I couldn't find it on the dashboard but it's on the xbox.com website.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:40 AM   #30
Rookie

Re: 360 FIFA 11 Demo Available For Download

Quote:
Originally Posted by stizz

You can download it from your xbox; it's just not up on the main dashboard under New Arrivals yet...

Go to the ALL DEMOS tab; Search for games under "F"... you'll find FIFA 11 there
Old 09-15-2010, 07:11 AM   #31
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

Played a bunch of games last night. Some impressions:

Default speed to hectic. Slow speed much better.

Defensive A.I. for cpu and your teammates seems a lot better. Not as easy to beat defenders off the dribble which is a good thing.

You still have to do most of the work on defense, but if you have a high rated defensive teammate they will step up and cut out passes for you.

Tough to score goals in such a short time.

As always controls are top notch. You always feel in control of your player

CPU players are more creative and used some nice skill moves to beat defenders.

Really I only have one gripe and it's the same one I always have with the FIFA series. I can't stand the way the CPU attacks. This has been the only area where I prefer PES over FIFA and I did not see any indication in the demo that much has changed.

The FIFA engine basically always has the computer running/passing straight at you until the user stops it. The only times the CPU will pass the ball backwards is if you deny the passing lanes or cut off the dribbler off. While in theory this sounds like a good strategy its not realistic.

In real life teams will pass the ball around and keep possession without always moving forward. When you play FIFA, the CPU comes straight at you until you stop them. They get the ball back, rinse and repeat.

Its fun, the graphics are great, the controls may be the best in sports gaming but once the CPU has the ball it feels like a video game and not soccer.

If that one nitpick doesn't bother you, you will love this game as everything else is extremely well done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 08:23 AM   #32
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15
Smile Re: 360 FIFA 11 Demo Available For Download

Quote:
Originally Posted by stizz

Yep, XBL finally has it !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »