Home

Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

This is a discussion on Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #81
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
I most totally agree with having the user on manual sliding control the slide by using the stick.
its already in the game. However, the timing window for when you get to choose the type of slide and to which side, is fairly small.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 01:54 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 5
Some good comments here. But I disagree with the comments about the R-stick influencing the swing. That is all about baseball strategy. Sometimes you are trying to hit a ball on the ground to the right side or a fly ball, etc. This is decided before you step into the box. Remember, The Show is for sim-like play, stick to "The Bigs" if you're not into that kind of thing.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:14 AM   #83
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneybalzs
I know im just dreaming here but i would LOVE for them to some how acquire the rights to use the FOX logos and overlays and get joe buck and tim mccarver in the game. if this could happen i'd never play another game again.
Er...no. I'd most definitely mute the TV if this happened. Heck, I mute the TV on FOX Saturday baseball when the Red Sox play the Yankees (somehow, those losers get that assignment every single time (Buck and McCarver)). I mute it then, and I'll mute the video game. I'm not sure I'd go as far as not buying The Show, because let's face it, it's the best baseball sim. But Buck and McCarver have NO business with a video game.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:41 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 0
I would like to see a simple thing - when the game starts, show the home team running out on to the field and have the ability to choose the music that is played while this happens. Have the crowd fired up.
Another thing would be showing the reliever coming in all teh way from the bullpen and showing clip scenes of him warming up with stats for the year.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:47 PM   #85
Rookie

emath's Arena

OVR: 2
I prefer hitting to be more rating based than user timing based. If it was all about timing, hitting may wind up being to easy after a while. Plus, if it is rating based, you are more likely to get realistic numbers at the end of the year.

In other words, I kinda like the hitting system in place now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #86
Rookie

Townie33's Arena

OVR: 8
l personally would love to see PITCH RECOGNITION incorporated like in the old MLB series. The different color codes for different pitch types really added to the reality of the game. Being able to pick up the pitch on the way to the plate would add a ton of realism to this already amazing title.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:00 PM   #87
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyray64
I like the playoff mode idea. What the game really needs is a create a stadium and create a team mode.

Anytime I see "create-a-something" my eyes and ears perk up. Stadium? Big yes. Team? Hmm.....that'll be tough, cuz you would need to create minor league teams as well....
Old 09-15-2010, 09:09 PM   #88
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
I've read discussion on this quite a bit, from SEVERAL experienced users, but I just don't get it. Could the hitting system use some tweaking? Yes, but not an overhaul.

Big leaguers hit well timed pitches into gloves all of the time. I emphatically disagree that just because the PCI is dead on the ball, and timing says "superb", that a basehit should be all but guarenteed.
Notice you said experienced users or as I would call them "lifers". The majority of people who would buy this game aren't likely to come on this board looking for tips. And if you're new to the game, the learning curve is very steep, in my opinion. It took me 2 and a half weeks to get the ball out of the infield, let alone hit for power. It can be frustrating, especially if the most heralded mode (RTTS) is largely dependent on succeeding early.

Some casual fans take those timing notes literally, not figuratively. They would prefer to see weak groundballs to 2nd base marked "just missed" or "late" or whatever other timing moniker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »