Home

Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

This is a discussion on Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB01
So basically, you want Pro Baseball Spirits hitting as an option in The Show. I do too.
Same here. As far as I'm concerned, Pro Yakyu Spirits has the best batting system of any baseball video game, ever. In fact, in terms of gameplay, I think PYS is better than The Show in most aspects.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
Thanks for clarifying, I didn't realize RTTS BP had influence on. It definately doesn't work in normal BP, there's no vibration confirmation and L/R influence on bunts doesn't work.

I still think L/R influence doesn't work on regular swings. If you tell a player to lift the ball in the air even if the pitch is low this computes. It wouldn't be easy but you can do it. However, if you tell a player to pull the ball even if your swing is late this doesn't compute. You say results are 100% logical but the only way this could work is if results are illogical.

If your swing is level then I can see where the CPU might give you the benefit of the doubt and send the ball to the left or right even though it should go straight. In any case hopefully the devs can clear things up.
This is exactly the reason swing influence should never be in a baseball sim. Like you said, You shouldn't be able to influence the ball one way or the other, timing of your swing should be the only influence you have. How can you swing early and still hit the ball to RF? That's not realistic. Nor is it realistic to make the ball be a grounder or fly ball. The balls path should only be determined by the pci.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:19 PM   #75
MVP

swaldo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moemoe24
This is exactly the reason swing influence should never be in a baseball sim. Like you said, You shouldn't be able to influence the ball one way or the other, timing of your swing should be the only influence you have. How can you swing early and still hit the ball to RF? That's not realistic. Nor is it realistic to make the ball be a grounder or fly ball. The balls path should only be determined by the pci.
I agree, but at least they penalize you for using it so it's a risk/reward decision you have to make. I wonder though how many people have been penalized for using the L/R influence even though it (possibly) has no effect on normal swings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #76
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165

If McCarver is ever in...I'm OUT.
Ooofff....enough to give me the chills!

M.K.
Knight165
Knight, this is TRUELY one of you're finest moments. I seriously can't stop laughing!

Man, I have to stop looking at it...or this laughing fit is NEVER gonna end. And as a baseball fan, the message couldn't be more true.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:35 PM   #77
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
Knight, this is TRUELY one of you're finest moments. I seriously can't stop laughing!

Man, I have to stop looking at it...or this laughing fit is NEVER gonna end. And as a baseball fan, the message couldn't be more true.
Haha....yeah...I have to break out the vomiting emoticon every once in a while.
Whenever I am creating a Classic St. Louis team...I have to ask my wife to come into the office and edit Mr. McCarver. I can't bring myself to do it.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 09-11-2010, 04:28 PM   #78
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Haha....yeah...I have to break out the vomiting emoticon every once in a while.
Whenever I am creating a Classic St. Louis team...I have to ask my wife to come into the office and edit Mr. McCarver. I can't bring myself to do it.

M.K.
Knight165
I can't blame you. Stomache aches are the worst.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:34 PM   #79
All Star

rsox's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todem
The only thing missing presentation wise is a Baseball Tonight or MLB Channel weekly show with highlights from around the league, trade rumors, call-ups, lineup shake ups etc.

Gameplay wise the game is almost perfect. And I gotta say I love just pitching and batting and letting the AI field and run. It's a joy to play the game and rely on the player ratings. I still position guys in certain situations but after seeing the ball hit I get a thrill watching my team backing me up.

Now if they revamped the controls for baserunning (ala MVP 2005) I would run/steal for myself.
If they do that then i want a digital Hazel Mae!
Old 09-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #80
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33
No offense, but this is a pretty bad list of improvements. If these are the only things they input, I'm probably not getting '11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »