Home

Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

This is a discussion on Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2010, 05:45 PM   #41
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Not true Eeski, there is no such option in MLB10. You can use rookie hitting that is timing based, but there is no option that does what you've described.

I too played high level baseball, I get what you are saying. With this being said, in real life you have total control of your hands,arms,torso,and positioning within the batting box- this is what I'm looking for in a new hitting engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #42
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

hands,arm, torso and position in box to simply hit the ball on a video game no thanks. Go Outside
Old 09-04-2010, 10:03 PM   #43
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Not true Eeski, there is no such option in MLB10. You can use rookie hitting that is timing based, but there is no option that does what you've described.

I too played high level baseball, I get what you are saying. With this being said, in real life you have total control of your hands,arms,torso,and positioning within the batting box- this is what I'm looking for in a new hitting engine.
Either you're misunderstanding what Eski is saying.......I'm misunderstanding what you are saying above...... you don't know what's in the manual.....or...what's in the manual is not in the game......but it states that using the left analog stick will be your swing direction in the zone...and the right analog stick will (up) influence a fly ball.....(down) influence a ground ball......(right) influence a ball to 1B....(left) influence a ball to 3B.(in any mode)

Is any of this correct?

M.K.
Knight165
Old 09-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2
1. Pitching
2. Stat/Att tracking and viewing
3. Fielding

These are the three main components I would liked to be re-worked for '11 in order. #2 and #3 are fairly self-explanatory. Mainly get rid of the glitches and bugs with fielding (slo-mo running, wrong animations, etc.) and clean up the mess that is the menu system of The Show.

I would like something a bit more engrossing on the pitching side. I'm actually theorizing on a pitching system at the moment and will post something in the forums when I finish.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 14
I want to see a chance to pitching. That interface is becoming a bit same-old-same-old and they need to offer an alternative - make it optional - but change it up a bit otherwise pitching is going to become very stale. I often have the CPU sim pitching innings for me these days for that very reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 10:43 PM   #46
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Either you're misunderstanding what Eski is saying.......I'm misunderstanding what you are saying above...... you don't know what's in the manual.....or...what's in the manual is not in the game......but it states that using the left analog stick will be your swing direction in the zone...and the right analog stick will (up) influence a fly ball.....(down) influence a ground ball......(right) influence a ball to 1B....(left) influence a ball to 3B.(in any mode)

Is any of this correct?

M.K.
Knight165
Knight-

I was saying that MLB10 does not include a left stick influence like MVP. You are correct, MLB10 does include a right stick influence where you cue up where you want to hit the ball. In MVP you did not cue up the hit direction pre pitch, but rather while you swung the bat with the left stick.

From what I understood, Eski was saying that there is an option in MLB10 that allows for the left stick to control the hit influence. This is not correct.

Hope that clears things up.

Last edited by Bumble14; 09-05-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #47
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Knight-

I was saying that MLB10 does not include a left stick influence like MVP. You are correct, MLB10 does include a right stick influence where you cue up where you want to hit the ball. In MVP you did not cue up the hit direction pre pitch, but rather while you swung the bat with the left stick.

From what I understood, Eski was saying that there is an option in MLB10 that allows for the left stick to control the hit influence. This is not correct.

Hope that clears things up.

Gotcha'.
I thought you were saying it wasn't in at all...(either that or I was thinking I was misunderstanding either you or Eski...turns out I was anyway...just not in the way I thought)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 09-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 6

It's obvious that the weakest part, by ALOT, is the fielding. All the long canned animations makes me feel like i'm not even controlling the player that's highlighted. We need a fully manual fielding system in place already. Or at least an option for it. I understand they want to make the game LOOK good, but playablity is the most important thing in a video game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »