Home

Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

This is a discussion on Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2010, 12:17 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
I'm fine with it, like I said year 15 what would you like for them to do with a league full of fictional players and if you have issues then simply play 30 team control

Just because you're fine with it doesn't mean the developers shouldn't look into a way to improve it. That's all I'm asking for, what is with the majority of the people on this board being averse to change? I'm just wondering, what do you think should be improved in MLB 11?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:21 AM   #18
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

like I said, online, some of the quirks in franchise mode ala training glitch years 2013, and collision detection which would require player models to be reconfigured
Old 09-03-2010, 12:26 AM   #19
Rookie

Scribe1980's Arena

OVR: 5
Location: The oldest minor league hockey town in North America
1. Practice mode within franchise. I'm not a RTTS guy, so if I can't get back in the groove right away when I'm away from the Show for a week playing Madden (as a prior poster suggested), I'm toast that first game. Practice would bring back the batting eye much more quickly.

2. Weather, weather weather! Complete with rainouts and makeup DH's. The inferior 2K series has had it for years.

3. Auto-suction at the walls (much discussed). Have even seen it when there IS no wall.

Otherwsie, best baseball game I've ever played. Can be even greater.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:34 AM   #20
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
I agree with everything. These are some great ideas. I agree that batting feels too scripted at times and it needs some different options.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:20 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 33
With MLB the Show the developers have a tough job with next years release to bring out a title that looks & feels fresh. The current iteration is one of the best overall sports simulations ever released. Therefore I can't see too many dramatic changes that may risk that status.

In regards to batting despite playing countless games I still can't make my mind up on whether I like it. Sometimes it feels just right while others it does, as you say, feel random.

Playoff Mode is a great idea although as it stands the Playoff presentation is nothing to write home about. For a game that has so much attention to detail on the presentation elements it's amazing that it does't step up another level in the post season. As for the World Series celebrations that area needs a load of work.

I think the commentary needs to be freshened up. There was very little change to the content from 09 to 10 & it now feels stale & repetitive. A more insightful dynamic style commentary such as on MLB 2K10 is required. One thing that really annoys me is when a pitcher is being introduced 3 quarters of the way through the season & the commentators are still talking about what he done last season & not focusing on what he has done in the current campaign.

Broadcast style weekly news show. I think every top sport game should have this feature.

Rain delays/Washouts. Still amazes me this basic feature is not included.

When the looking at the stat screen having a ranking figure next to the stat if they are placed in the leagues top 50. For example:-

HITS HR AVG.
Jeter 91 (4) 20 (17) .277 (-)

The figure in the brackets representing the rank. A small niggle for me. I like to be able to see how my players are doing relative to the rest of the league without having to troll through the League Leaders page.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 04:20 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

I agree with those
Old 09-03-2010, 06:31 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
With MLB the Show the developers have a tough job with next years release to bring out a title that looks & feels fresh. The current iteration is one of the best overall sports simulations ever released. Therefore I can't see too many dramatic changes that may risk that status.

In regards to batting despite playing countless games I still can't make my mind up on whether I like it. Sometimes it feels just right while others it does, as you say, feel random.

Playoff Mode is a great idea although as it stands the Playoff presentation is nothing to write home about. For a game that has so much attention to detail on the presentation elements it's amazing that it does't step up another level in the post season. As for the World Series celebrations that area needs a load of work.

I think the commentary needs to be freshened up. There was very little change to the content from 09 to 10 & it now feels stale & repetitive. A more insightful dynamic style commentary such as on MLB 2K10 is required. One thing that really annoys me is when a pitcher is being introduced 3 quarters of the way through the season & the commentators are still talking about what he done last season & not focusing on what he has done in the current campaign.

Broadcast style weekly news show. I think every top sport game should have this feature.

Rain delays/Washouts. Still amazes me this basic feature is not included.

When the looking at the stat screen having a ranking figure next to the stat if they are placed in the leagues top 50. For example:-

HITS HR AVG.
Jeter 91 (4) 20 (17) .277 (-)

The figure in the brackets representing the rank. A small niggle for me. I like to be able to see how my players are doing relative to the rest of the league without having to troll through the League Leaders page.
I really like your ideas, especially the weekly news show. And I agree that the World Series celebration is dissapointing and needs more work. Winning the World Series after such a long gruelling season it would be nice to be rewarded with something closer to what you see on tv ie more excitement/emotion from the commentators and better presentation.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:37 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 11
I love the game but hitting for me is way to frustrating with their camera angles. This is a must change for me. Give me the options like 2k does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »