Home

NHL 2K11 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 2K11 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-25-2010, 12:21 AM   #33
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL 2K11 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Does anyone else find it sad that NHL 2K11 released today and all we have here is this measly little thread just 30-something posts long???

I really miss the good ole days with this series.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:13 AM   #34
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Keep the criticism constructive please...warnings /bans will be issued. Clear?

Last edited by ryan36; 08-25-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:42 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Does anyone else find it sad that NHL 2K11 released today and all we have here is this measly little thread just 30-something posts long???

I really miss the good ole days with this series.
I agree with this, One reason would be it seems it was only released in USA/Canada and only on Wii, NHL 2k10 was released in europe too but even so id expect more interest in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 08:28 AM   #36
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14
Exclamation Re: NHL 2K11 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
I can name a long list of games on the Wii that look and play better with controls on the Wii. Just because it's a Wii game doesn't mean we should overlook it. I wasn't expecting PS3/Xbox 360 graphics. No. Early impressions from others, have also noted this. So I'm not alone when I say the graphics in this game are poor.
I might get ragged on however I find that if a developer chooses more of a
cartoon-like player, say MLB Power Pros (extreme example) or a Madden 11,
a hybrid of cartoon and exaggerated realism, the game is easier on the eyes
and plays much smoother. 2K has opted for more of a real look and the end
results, at least from my take on the 2K10 line-up for the Wii were extremely
hard on the eyes. NHL2K10 literally gave me a headache. That was a rental.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #37
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

From what I've seen the game does look pretty terrible, graphically speaking, even for a Wii game.

Also for everyone attacking Peter and telling him to use a classic controller - what's the point in that? Wouldn't he be better off just sticking with 2k10 on 360/PS3 if he's going to play a button based hockey game?

I was reeeeaaalllly hoping there would be some good news in this thread .
Old 08-26-2010, 02:58 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Want The Cup
Not saying you should have to buy a classic controller. But you are playing a Wii, and it seems you are seemingly appalled that you may have to use some motions to play the game -- so I am a bit confused by that. Your "issues" with controls are the plain fact that there are motion controls, so I suggested you get a classic controller since you can play the game with its non-motion controls. So you can have a better experience for YOUR needs.

If motion controls aren't for you, that is totally understandable. It isn't everyone's cup of tea. But I'd suggest selling your Wii if that is your stance. Or getting a Classic Controller. Your complaints are more about the Wii Remote and Nunchuk than NHL 2K11. Not having enough buttons, having to use the d-pad? That's not a fault of NHL 2K11. And if you are buying a Wii for spectacular graphics....

This post is what is wrong with the development cycle for NHL 2K11. It is clear here, that you don't respect the Wii as a platform, and the Development of the game has suffered for it.

We are not saying that motion controls are a problem at all.

Poorly implemented motion controls however, are an issue, and they are implemented POORLY in this particular game.

NHL 2K was a perennial contender, with the other "Behemoth" franchise that wont be named, but oh how the mighty have fallen.

First, Juggling the puck down the ice? Really? that wouldnt have been cool or acceptable back in the PS1 days, let alone today.

The graphics? Again, noone is expecting PS3 level FMV style graphical qualities, but is something that looks better than the PS1 too much to ask?

Mini-games? Come on guys, if you want to sell a sports sim, do it.
If you want to sell a party game, do that, but having them both be attempted, only dilutes, distracts from, and destroys both ideas.

And above all the criticism that i can even think to provide you, the largest piece of criticism, and the only one you need to look at, is this thread alone, and not the content, or quality of posts in it.

Your game is almost 2 days old, and this is the 37th post asking for impressions, thats ALL you need to know.

Please dont repeat mistakes for next year. PLEASE
Old 08-26-2010, 03:45 AM   #39
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
There is no way I would buy a sports sim on the Wii. Regardless of the game. The Wii just can't do those kinds of games to the level of the other consoles. The controller only takes you so far. It's really sad, but I just don't see this series surviving. It's not to be negative toward the game. Just saying the situation this game has been in over the last couple of years have doomed it. This is sad. Feels like Nascar and March Madness. Worse thing is that NHL-EA will have no competition and we all know what that means.

I've only played with the iphone version on the ipad. I can't deal with the controls, but this is a decent iphone game. So, at the price, I don't see why not support the effort.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 08-26-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:26 AM   #40
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

Fight somewhere else, I want impressions!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »