Home

Madden NFL 11: Ian Cummings Interview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11: Ian Cummings Interview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 07:28 PM   #57
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Madden NFL 11: Ian Cummings Interview

This is a good interview with Ian. Good read aswell. But my concern has to be on the front 4 lineman getting pushed around and pushed the groud be the AI olineman way to much on all pro setting on running plays alot of times. I know Ian and madden crew vision this year was to make the run blocking better. But it seems to me the oline are way to strong and smart in the running Game. I'm seeing Viking front 4 getting pushed around like rag dolls by the AI olinemanwhile the AI gets big chucks of yards on run every down most of the time. I understand some teams might not have that good of a front 4 to stop the run. But the Vikings front 4 is one of the best in league at stopping the run. But yet it seems the AI oline always overpowers them wheather good or not. The D is concerning me the most about madden 11. But overall the game is good and I can't complain that it ain't. But the glaring issue to me is mainly the D in getting to the AI for sacks and having trouble stopping the run because the AI olineman is way to powerful on the run blocking.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 8

i really think these interviews come off real pointless when you cant or wont go at these guys.
After 3 or 4 years of interviews with ian you can almost know whats he going to say.Whats really funny its that his answers for a problem is another problem
swarm the ball but players just fall down or flop
turn off accel clock but it doesnt make a difference
by now their should be no excuses
how is it that nba elite can start all over in one year but madden cant seem to build off of what they all ready have stop adding and complete and fine tune all the other stuff that they praise about the year before
Old 08-20-2010, 11:50 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 1
when a website that doesn't allow any negativity about Madden interviews the creator of Madden, there aren't going to be productive questions asked.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 16
I'm horrified that Ian actually thinks kick returns are "more accurate" this year. They are absolutely horrible. Maybe the average return is closer to reality, statistically, but they don't play out the way they should whatsoever. Kick return blocking, as well as pursuit, is just pitiful in Madden 11. That's not the only problem with the game obviously, but I do find it disturbing that they don't think there's much wrong with it. Techmo Bowl had better kick off gameplay.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
The biggest problem is that Madden is in an identity crisis phase. Ian mentioned tuning the game towards offense to keep the fun. But he doesn't realize that that isn't fun for us. It's frustrating because you can't play D.

Realism = fun.
So you loved the QB vision cone? That was realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 10:18 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4ckdabeast
So you loved the QB vision cone? That was realistic.

the idea of vision cone was good , the execution of vision cone was terrible.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:04 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 7
Honestly, what everyone here should do is take the money they spent on Madden and go out and get NHL 11. EA Canada is the Best and they continue to Midas everything they touch. I would love to see EA give them a crack at the Madden franchise.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:32 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1
If you're gonna revamp Franchise Mode, for the love of god at 80 man rosters for the offseason, let us plan training camp, have an IR list that actually works like it should, have progression stats like in The Show so you can actually see if Vernon Gholston is worth holding onto. Oh, and differentiate between restricted and unrestricted free agency. But then you'd have a perfect Franchise Mode, so I dunno if you'd wanna do that.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »