Home

Madden NFL 11: Ian Cummings Interview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11: Ian Cummings Interview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 02:38 PM   #41
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 11: Ian Cummings Interview

Oh good, they're "looking at it." I feel better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
You are not understanding what the issue is. THe issue is not the frequency of how often you return a TD. Take a look at the other players on specials that you aren't controlling. There is ZERO realistic blocking attempts. It looks and behaves horribly. No one said it was impossible to return kicks for TDs. That has nothing to do with it. If you look at the blocking on the line and compare it to specials or interception returns, it's like a totally different group of programmers wrote the code.
This is definitely a fair point. I think the average in madden is equal to the NFL because at least to me, you either get a really good kick return or a really bad kick return. There's no in between. My only fear is, if they do improve the kick returning, I hope kick returns for a TD don't happen even more often than they do, because I averaged about 1 a game.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:49 PM   #43
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
There still "looking" at things? Everything sounds so up in the air like they're still wondering if these are problems.

And this...
LOL. He mentioned OS, but I don't think he's listening to this board. Swarm around the ball for what? To get knocked over like a bowling pin? We needed a Pro-Tak follow up question right there.

He did say around the ball, not to it though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
OMG WOW... I can't believe this.

Steve you should've responded with

"Well even if the user swarms around the ball their is still no true gang tackling to ensure the ball carrier will be stopped."

I'm glad that you two pointed this out, so now I don't have to. I couldn't believe I read that.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:14 PM   #44

OVR: 34

I appreciate both the interviewer and the interviewee taking the time to do this.

I'm at a loss though. I really can't believe not one question was asked that referenced proper gang tackling. Yes, broken tackles were talked about, but does anyone care about consecutive tackles for a football game?

Why is it that the Madden franchise is never held accountable for this? Is it that we have settled that they simply won't be fixing it and that's that?
Old 08-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 8

I have been asking this everytime madden comes out. what gives with the roster situation? i mean NCAA has 70 man rosters, why cant madden have the same? all players that are signed in training camp have nfl contracts, so why dont the rosters reflect this? where is the practice squads? what about the inability to sign another player if your player is done for the season and u put them on IR? even better, why are they locked minimum number of position players? I mean if i have 4 tackles, and one can play guard, why cant he be the 4th guard? why do i have to sign an actual guard to begin play? if i move that tackle to guard, im low on the number of tackles?? come on EA...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 04:15 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Kid skated and danced alot there.
Just like the players do in Madden 11.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #47
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

Hopefully they tune the defense,it will play a big part in my decision to keep Madden past Oct.5(NBA 2K10,Elite).i love playing defense and out smarting dudes online but this year even when I call the correct defense my LB ,DB just stands there, or if they swat the ball it lands in the reciever hands anyway.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4

I wished he would have asked Ian if they are doing anything for the abnormal amount of injuries that happen in a game. Also why are your top players playing on special teams?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »