Home

An Early Look at Fight Night Champion

This is a discussion on An Early Look at Fight Night Champion within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-10-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
An Early Look at Fight Night Champion

After playing through Fight Night Round 4, I set my controller down and began to ponder.

What if?

Though I loved the game, it still felt way too similar to Round 3. It looked different, the features were slightly different, but it just did not have that one thing I look for in a game -- that something beyond the gameplay that makes you come back for more. I have not played the game in a while for that very reason.

This is unfortunately a common problem with most fighting games. You just keep fighting and training your way up the ladder until you are at the top. I want to be able to experience something more than a career mode as stale as an open bag of Doritos. That is why I am starting to get slightly excited for the series’ next installment, Fight Night Champion.

The new punch controls are said to be the easiest yet best controls to ever be seen in a fighting game. EA has also said that FNC will have a new game mode that redefines single-player sports gaming. The folks at EA Canada are not saying anything yet, but the way they are hyping this up, it better be a good game mode.

So let’s begin to speculate what the new game mode might be.

Read More - An Early Look at Fight Night Champion
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 39
Quote:
This is unfortunately a common problem with most fighting games. You just keep fighting and training your way up the ladder until you are at the top. I want to be able to experience something more than a career mode as stale as an open bag of Doritos. That is why I am starting to get slightly excited for the series’ next installment, Fight Night Champion.
I don't like that you said most fighting games, a boxing game should not be compared to other fighting games. Boxing is a sport and should be treated as one. It should never be compared to Street fighter, Tekken, Marvel vs. Capcom, etc;.

Last edited by SHAKYR; 08-10-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
Rookie

Beastly Wayz's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
I don't like that you said most fighting games, a boxing game should not be compared to other fighting games. Boxing is a sport and should be treated as one. It should never be compared to Street fighter, Tekken, Marvel vs. Capcom, etc;.
Shakyr, I totally agree, this isn't a fighting game, Boxing is a Sport, treat it that way Please
Old 08-10-2010, 09:33 PM   #4
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
I'm comparing it with MMA and wrestling games. Not SF and MvC.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
come on fight night
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2010, 02:40 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoefx
I'm comparing it with MMA and wrestling games. Not SF and MvC.
Why? MMA? Wrestling? In which ways can they possibily be compared? Are you using UFC 2009 as a comparison?

Boxing should be treat with the same attention every other sport franchise EA has, boxing isn't doing well fans can create their own boxing world and create the match ups they want if EA was to put enough attention into the game.

I don't buy the lame excuse boxing is a dying sport, make it live in a game!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:47 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 33
I am excited to see where EA will take the Fight Night series. I think the create fighter mode option is a must have but will always have limitations particularly as an offline single player mode. The routine is too predictable. Create fighter - win easy fights - improve fighter - win harder fights - win title - retain title - retire.

What I would like EA to implement is a career mode but with total freedom. If you want to create a fighter & go that route then fine but I would also like the ability to create fight night events with multiple match ups which are all playable. A boxing manager mode in which you control a number of fighters & play out each of their fights could also be included. In FN4's career mode you could view fight schedules & rankings across the different weight divisions but you could only fight with the boxer you created. Fun at first but repetition soon kicks in.

I think EA need to revamp the presentation a lot more too. FN4 saw some improvements but there needs much improvement on the pre & post fight presentations & commentary. Give each fight it's own personality.

I am confident that EA will deliver another quality boxing sim it's just remains to see whether they include enough features & options to give the game some real replay value.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Manager mode is what I'm hoping for. I'm also hoping there's real training and diet regimines that have to implemented.
Not only that, I'd like to have the ability to sign or train randomly generated fighters. I don't think everyone should always max out, so to speak. Not every fighter is born equal and some aren't as good as others.
I'm tired of playing boxing games where every fighter ends up using the same x-amount of points throughout their career. I'd love to take a soft-hitting middleweight to the top. Or have a hard-hitting, slow, glass-jawed heavyweight in my stable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »