Home

NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-06-2010, 07:07 AM   #169
Banned

bullitt_711's Arena

OVR: 6
Yea NBA Live has stunk for a while but I'm hoping for a miracle once again this year. I'm hoping to piurchase the bundle which just so happens to include my two favorite games of all time.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:52 AM   #170
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
Here is a bandage, your bias is bleeding...

Seriously though, are you serious?

If anything Elite is moving to a more realistic control scheme. I don't enjoy the 2K vs. Elite argument, I used to be a huge 2K fan. The staleness and redundency really turned me off after awhile. I just do not play basketball games at this point. No reason to waste my money. This year looks different, and I'm sorry I do not feel much is going to be different from 2K. I am 100% sure it will be a good game, but the 2K style of basketball has gotten old and I, personally, am ready to try something new.

EDIT- On the Jordan thing, I think of it as more of a novelty. It's a nice little addition, but most of my time at least in that game would be spent in Franchise mode. I don't want MJ from 12 years ago playing in my NBA 2010-11 season. That would just be annoying.

As something to just waste some time on away from the real game... it is pretty cool. It's just not something that would make me go, "Wow, I need to buy this now."
My bias is bleeding? Nice...I admit I am an avid NBA 2K gamer. But a biased NBA 2K gamer, not in the least. I know the better product year end and year out is and has been NBA 2K. Hands down. If EA can muster a formidable challenge to 2K this year in terms of controls, gameplay, and atmosphere; I will buy NBA Live 11 used from Gamestop in February...I promise.

And I guarantee their are settings in NBA 2K 11 that will prevent Jordan from being in current rosters, playing against current teams in the 10-11 season. Online and offline.

For the moment, lets agree to disagree. We can convene back here on this thread, or another, around Oct 12th. A week into each game should be enough time to feel each out. Oh...and I am RENTING NBA Live 11. It is still not a must buy because of NBA Jam. I will cop a NBA Jam code on ebay or something. Or hopefully, wait for NBA Jam: Championship Edition. (The full wii Monty!)
Old 08-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #171
Pro

OVR: 28
Re: NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joba78
My bias is bleeding? Nice...I admit I am an avid NBA 2K gamer. But a biased NBA 2K gamer, not in the least. I know the better product year end and year out is and has been NBA 2K. Hands down. If EA can muster a formidable challenge to 2K this year in terms of controls, gameplay, and atmosphere; I will buy NBA Live 11 used from Gamestop in February...I promise.

And I guarantee their are settings in NBA 2K 11 that will prevent Jordan from being in current rosters, playing against current teams in the 10-11 season. Online and offline.

For the moment, lets agree to disagree. We can convene back here on this thread, or another, around Oct 12th. A week into each game should be enough time to feel each out. Oh...and I am RENTING NBA Live 11. It is still not a must buy because of NBA Jam. I will cop a NBA Jam code on ebay or something. Or hopefully, wait for NBA Jam: Championship Edition. (The full wii Monty!)
Well IMO Live already had great control, and again IMO last years atmosphere in the game was really good. Thats two out of the three things you listed, we have to wait and see how much gameplay and Ai are improved this year. IMO Elite isn't as far behind as you're implementing in your last two posts.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #172
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree with kbomb1upc, I had planned to buy Jam but now I will pass. Although I'll bet about 2 months after Elite has been out we'll all see EA release a big promotion about how they've decided that due to "popular demand" they are bringing NBA Jam to PSN and Xbox Marketplace. You wait and see!
Exactly, couldn't agree with you more...

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #173
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Wow, I have been gone for the last week and was without internet so I just read this thread. This is GREAT NEWS!!! I am so pumped and I will definitely be buying this game now.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #174
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: NBA Jam to be bundled with NBA Elite 11!!!

It just keeps getting better.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #175
Im Only Kidding..

King10Sooted's Arena

OVR: 18
Really wish they would just release NBA Jam on the PSN. Im not going to buy Elite just to get NBA Jam. But I would spend a little bit of money on it if they sold it on the PSN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #176
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27

I like the news. I buy both basketball games every year anyway and probably would have forked over the cash for a version of nba jam as well so it's win win for me. I get 1 game i know will be fun (jam) and another that i'll have high hopes for with an interesting sounding new control scheme and physics based gameplay. I enjoyed live 10 despite it's flaws so i'm pretty sure i'll enjoy Elite as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »