Home

Community Support Breathes New Life into Backbreaker

This is a discussion on Community Support Breathes New Life into Backbreaker within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-07-2010, 03:29 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Community Support Breathes New Life into Backbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1WEiRDguy
I was gonna say the same thing...but all of that aside, I for one am not forcing anyone to spend their money on BB. I merely offerering an alternative to "other" football titles. Its amazing how many people have just not honestly given the game a chance and just immediately knocked it b/c it didnt have the GOD cam. Playing as QB took sometime to get used to, but now, I cant play the game any other way. I tried playing the demo to "other" football titles, and they just didnt have that feel I had grown accustomed to in my short time with BB.

Is the game perfect? Far from it if you ask me, but I cant emphasize enough of how much I would like an alternative to spend my money on. Its a shame we are in a day and age where if you wanna play a football game, you either "pay for this one" or dont play a game at all. Natural Motion has a decent sized hill to climb if they want their game to be considered a legitimate football title, but its not fair to write them off after their first offering. I would still love to see some possible hot routing (esp making my RB stay in the backfield to block), a more efficient play calling screen, a PROPERLY implemented injury system, etc...There are a lot of other things but for the purposes of this post, I will just save them for the appropriate thread. But bottomline is, if you want change, then you must support people when they are trying.
Agreed. After reading the impressions post-patch I went out and purchased Backbreaker new. As you mention, it is FAR from a perfect game and VERY rough around the edges, but it is truly a breath of fresh air. And fun. NM has a ton of stuff to put into this game, and I think maybe even more work ahead of them now that they've got a foundation, but if they play their cards right they can have a killer on their hands the next go at it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »