Home

Community Support Breathes New Life into Backbreaker

This is a discussion on Community Support Breathes New Life into Backbreaker within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 14
Historic NFL Rosters available for XBOX 360, featuring 32 teams from the '07 Patriots to the '62 Packers....:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d-xbox360.html

Last edited by mrjordan; 08-05-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #26
Rookie

zdmetal's Arena

OVR: 6
Just picked this game up earlier today and it just might make me skip Madden for the first time since my PS1 days. Learning curve was pretty steep but by the end of my first game it all started clicking.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #27
Banned

Highlight224's Arena

OVR: 14
If you have read any of my blogs, I have preached about picking up this game and supporting it since day one. Glad this game is getting some of the recognition it deserves.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Community Support Breathes New Life into Backbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiucjpo
My point is that this was all done POST release for FREE. Not in support of an upcoming full price game. Its almost unprecedented in the level of response to community input. Extremely impressive.
Not to mention that the CD guys say alot of things are different from when they are there and what is in the final game. CD is just PR for EA.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:24 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 19
I loved Backbreaker before the patch, but it was difficult to play QB. I have only played with the patch update for about 5 minutes, but I can already feel the difference. It feels like a new game to me. Some people said they feel no difference, but how much did those people really play the game before. My son was one of those people and he played 3 times since I got it. He said Backbreaker is too realistic for him and that he would rather play Madden 11 because it's easier to win because it's not as realistic and it has the "Real NFL Players".

Check This!

1. If you have never played Backbreaker before, you will need to go to training mode to be really successful on your journey to sim style football.
2. If you have played Backbreaker before but skipped the training and complained that the game was too hard or you just plain disliked it, please go back and do the training.
3. After training, go to tackle alley to learn how to pull of all the moves really well.
4. Go play at least 2 exhibition games before starting a season or going online.

Peace!
Old 08-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Community Support Breathes New Life into Backbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
I loved Backbreaker before the patch, but it was difficult to play QB. I have only played with the patch update for about 5 minutes, but I can already feel the difference. It feels like a new game to me. Some people said they feel no difference, but how much did those people really play the game before. My son was one of those people and he played 3 times since I got it. He said Backbreaker is too realistic for him and that he would rather play Madden 11 because it's easier to win because it's not as realistic and it has the "Real NFL Players".

Check This!

1. If you have never played Backbreaker before, you will need to go to training mode to be really successful on your journey to sim style football.
2. If you have played Backbreaker before but skipped the training and complained that the game was too hard or you just plain disliked it, please go back and do the training.
3. After training, go to tackle alley to learn how to pull of all the moves really well.
4. Go play at least 2 exhibition games before starting a season or going online.

Peace!
Sup Turf!!! Long time no see brother.

I agree with what you said. It is not a game the impatient can just pick up and be great at the game. It has a steep learning curve and will require you to put some time in learning the game and how to play it successfully. There are things to think about that you don't need to in other football games.

For instance: Where is the blitz coming from? In other football games, you can clearly see the blitz coming from anywhere weather it be the Cornerback or blindside linebackers. You can see it the instance they start their blitz for you. In BackBreaker, scanning the field PRE-PLAY and reading who is possibly coming and who is not, is a big thing. If you are looking at the wrong part of the field. You won't be able to see that blindside linebacker coming to clean your clock. Just subtle things such as that make a HUGE difference in keeping the chains moving and putting points on the board.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance4g63
Not to mention that the CD guys say alot of things are different from when they are there and what is in the final game. CD is just PR for EA.
I was gonna say the same thing...but all of that aside, I for one am not forcing anyone to spend their money on BB. I merely offerering an alternative to "other" football titles. Its amazing how many people have just not honestly given the game a chance and just immediately knocked it b/c it didnt have the GOD cam. Playing as QB took sometime to get used to, but now, I cant play the game any other way. I tried playing the demo to "other" football titles, and they just didnt have that feel I had grown accustomed to in my short time with BB.

Is the game perfect? Far from it if you ask me, but I cant emphasize enough of how much I would like an alternative to spend my money on. Its a shame we are in a day and age where if you wanna play a football game, you either "pay for this one" or dont play a game at all. Natural Motion has a decent sized hill to climb if they want their game to be considered a legitimate football title, but its not fair to write them off after their first offering. I would still love to see some possible hot routing (esp making my RB stay in the backfield to block), a more efficient play calling screen, a PROPERLY implemented injury system, etc...There are a lot of other things but for the purposes of this post, I will just save them for the appropriate thread. But bottomline is, if you want change, then you must support people when they are trying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 16
The patch really has made a difference. Everything is much more responsive now controls and camera

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »