Home

NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #161
Rookie

Dollar Theater's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

I was going to buy Elite anyway (assuming the demo was as fun to play as the videos have made it seem), so this is great news.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 06:19 PM   #162
Lillard Time

FlyRice's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

BlackFlash, I know PS3/360 JAM won't have the Remix Tour from the Wii version, but will they still have all the same playable legends/players/unlockables?
Old 08-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #163
Rookie

OVR: 2

Will the full version of NBA Jam come to Xbox/PS3 on a disc or DLC?
Old 08-04-2010, 08:19 PM   #164
Rookie

OVR: 3

i already planned to buy nba elite on ps3 so this is a nice addition...... plus nba jam online play? sweeett
Old 08-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #165
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by joba78
OK...bad move EA. Let me explain.

NBA Jam has a pedigree that would have gamers happily fork over $60 for a full fledged, HD version of Jam on 360 or PS3. So why has EA decided to cannibalize sales?

The reasons are twofold: 1. For the sake of grounding a sorely needed NBA Live refresh titled NBA Elite 11. (A title that in early previews isn't trending well against the competition.) 2. EA is staring down the barrel of a NBA 2K game that has secured Michael 'effin' Jordan for the next installment! EA is desperate.

Now, I am not hip to internal contracts or deals that may prevent NBA Jam from a full-fledged port to HD systems. But I know one thing, I swore to never purchase another EA Sports game since the NFL license raping. And I will not change that stance for NBA Jam, no matter how bad I was looking forward to picking it up!

Bottom line...My dollars will not be used to artificially pad unit sales numbers for NBA Elite 11 when all I really wanted was NBA Jam. This is why the internet is up in arms over this news.

NBA Elite is trending as an inferior product to its competition this year, and EA knows it. NBA Jam will not cover that up. I ask anyone to challenge this logic.
I think the educated consumer would read up on both titles and see what they have improved upon. With that said, an entirely new control systems that will be much more intuitive, beats MJ being in a game, IMO. Letting me play through his career moments will be fun one time and then it's like, well time to go play my season. The CONTROLS of a game are THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 02:49 PM   #166
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
I think the educated consumer would read up on both titles and see what they have improved upon. With that said, an entirely new control systems that will be much more intuitive, beats MJ being in a game, IMO. Letting me play through his career moments will be fun one time and then it's like, well time to go play my season. The CONTROLS of a game are THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT.
At this point in time, we can draw real generalizations of 2K's controls as opposed to assumptions around revamped Live 11 controls. We can assume both will make advancements, but one product has been consistently solid control-wise. (Make a guess.) We know one product will control like real basketball.

And you are trying to downplay the Jordan factor. Not possible. Unless you are under 20 years old and have no waning memory of classic Jordan moments.

I must admit, I did consider buying Live 11, taking it home to DL NBA Jam with the code, then trading it in same day for 2K 11...But filling EA Sports coffers with one red cent makes my stomach turn...
Old 08-05-2010, 03:22 PM   #167
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by joba78
At this point in time, we can draw real generalizations of 2K's controls as opposed to assumptions around revamped Live 11 controls. We can assume both will make advancements, but one product has been consistently solid control-wise. (Make a guess.) We know one product will control like real basketball.

And you are trying to downplay the Jordan factor. Not possible. Unless you are under 20 years old and have no waning memory of classic Jordan moments.

I must admit, I did consider buying Live 11, taking it home to DL NBA Jam with the code, then trading it in same day for 2K 11...But filling EA Sports coffers with one red cent makes my stomach turn...
Here is a bandage, your bias is bleeding...

Seriously though, are you serious?

If anything Elite is moving to a more realistic control scheme. I don't enjoy the 2K vs. Elite argument, I used to be a huge 2K fan. The staleness and redundency really turned me off after awhile. I just do not play basketball games at this point. No reason to waste my money. This year looks different, and I'm sorry I do not feel much is going to be different from 2K. I am 100% sure it will be a good game, but the 2K style of basketball has gotten old and I, personally, am ready to try something new.

EDIT- On the Jordan thing, I think of it as more of a novelty. It's a nice little addition, but most of my time at least in that game would be spent in Franchise mode. I don't want MJ from 12 years ago playing in my NBA 2010-11 season. That would just be annoying.

As something to just waste some time on away from the real game... it is pretty cool. It's just not something that would make me go, "Wow, I need to buy this now."
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott

Last edited by CS10029; 08-05-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:27 AM   #168
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS10029
Here is a bandage, your bias is bleeding...

Seriously though, are you serious?

If anything Elite is moving to a more realistic control scheme. I don't enjoy the 2K vs. Elite argument, I used to be a huge 2K fan. The staleness and redundency really turned me off after awhile. I just do not play basketball games at this point. No reason to waste my money. This year looks different, and I'm sorry I do not feel much is going to be different from 2K. I am 100% sure it will be a good game, but the 2K style of basketball has gotten old and I, personally, am ready to try something new.

EDIT- On the Jordan thing, I think of it as more of a novelty. It's a nice little addition, but most of my time at least in that game would be spent in Franchise mode. I don't want MJ from 12 years ago playing in my NBA 2010-11 season. That would just be annoying.

As something to just waste some time on away from the real game... it is pretty cool. It's just not something that would make me go, "Wow, I need to buy this now."
I agree.

While adding Jordan to the game is a cool feature, it's the gameplay and franchise mode that should be getting the most attention, which I'm sure 2K are improving.

These new controls that EA have implemented are a bigger deal as they have the potential to do for Live what they did for the NHL series. Of course potential and reality are often two very different things. We'll find out soon enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »