Home

NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-03-2010, 03:39 PM   #113
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

I'm not sure whether that was directed towards me, but it's upsetting to see mindless EA bashing and 2K reverence in an -NBA Elite- thread on an -NBA Elite- forum. People who troll the 2K boards are immediately chastised and sent on their way, but the same doesn't happen on the NBA Elite forum. Here, everybody is allowed to bash EA's game with much leniency.

Seeing the exact same pattern again and again is getting old and tiring. Constructive criticism is terrific, but it's the fanaticism that gets on my nerves and spoils the posting experience. I don't even like the Live series that much, Live 10 got old after a while, but I'm into intelligent discussion and this is NOT it.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:47 PM   #114
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
I'm not sure whether that was directed towards me, but it's upsetting to see mindless EA bashing and 2K reverence in an -NBA Elite- thread on an -NBA Elite- forum. People who troll the 2K boards are immediately chastised and sent on their way, but the same doesn't happen on the NBA Elite forum. Here, everybody is allowed to bash EA's game with much leniency.

Seeing the exact same pattern again and again is getting old and tiring. Constructive criticism is terrific, but it's the fanaticism that gets on my nerves and spoils the posting experience. I don't even like the Live series that much, Live 10 got old after a while, but I'm into intelligent discussion and this is NOT it.
IMO no one is bashing Elite people just want real info, so far we have gotten alot of words about how great the game is from people whose job it is to spin it in that direction, it is no different from previous years, so when it was announced that there would be big news today people were excepting the news to be about Elite and not Jam, some people will be happy about that others will not but that is life those people also have the right to state there opinion about the news as it relates to them, they dont have the right to insult someone who thinks the news is big tho.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #115
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

To merely say you're disappointed is fine, but to say EA just wants money, EA is desperate, EA can't compete against 2K, Elite will "suck" and this and that is just harsh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live_4real
Once again, EAīs Community Manager damaging the developers work

Is this a good idea to sell more??? YES
Is this an incentive for people that stop trusting this franchise??? Yes
Is this the BIG Elite news that Mr blackflash83 hyped??? NO, meaning another reason to not trust what these people say

If this was intended to come out August 3rd, no problem, just give the news people would like it, JAM is a lot of fun

By hyping a information that by no means elevate the value of the NBA ELITE GAME, just damages the possible value of it in the eyes of the doubters/haters

I am a intelligent consumer, I will buy this game if the NBA ELITE team did their job, like I think they did. What is very curious is that, the development team tries to have the community feedback, they even gave us very early videos, so that we could see what they were doing, and wanting to know what we thought about them.
Because they understood that without us, they are nothing, and they know that we understand basketball.

Now we see the marketing guys, that are calling us ignorants, hyping BREAKING NEWS, that have nothing to do with the actual quality of the game

I understand that this game will be changing until the last day, the changes are huge, and the time is reduced, I understand that the team is working hard and few information can come out at this point, I understand that something has to come out, even if it is not related to the gameīs quality, I understand that this is great news for everyone that is going to buy the game...

But the question is who is 100% sure to buy the game (noticing that the consumer in the last couple of years noticed the lack of work and dedication to the all time franchise fans)???

This is the reason why you donīt hype this kind of information, you hype information that will come latelly that will determine the quality of the game, so can someone tell Mr. blackflash83 ....

Let the dev work speak by itself
Let the demo speak by itself

and most importantly

LET THE GAME QUALITY SPEAK BY ITSELF
(without promising breaking news, and blogs everyday)

And stop giving reasons to doubters/haters to not trust information you put out, damaging this teams credibility and ultimately hurting NBA ELITE franchise

Good news nonetheless

PeAcE
I can understand that you're disappointed that blogs weren't able to come out on time. That doesn't fall on me. I'm not the one writing the blogs, I just try to get the word out that we hope to get them to out by a certain time period. I apologize that we weren't able to get the first promised blog on the time period that I indicated, however the members of the development team are swamped working on NBA ELITE 11 and this was explained to all of you. They're not going to drop working on the game so they can get you a blog. Would you rather that the game be as polished as possible or have a blog out and be left with an inferior game?

I don't get where you come out and say that I'm out destroying the work of the development team. My job is to get the information out to all of you. I don't see how having NBA JAM packaged with ELITE isn't big news. If it wasn't do you think sites like IGN, Pasta Padre, Gamespot and other gaming outlets would pick up the news if it wasn't big? I'm not out here to damage work for anyone, all I'm trying to do is let you all know when we can get stuff out to you and if there's any pertinent news then I will be sure to let you all know about it.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:51 PM   #117
Rookie

rdmcfall's Arena

OVR: 4

To take it back to the Elite NBA Jam content, they said it would have online which is fantastic. I seem to recall that the Wii version would not be online. IF that holds, that is a very smart move by EA to provide some extra value for the online communities. Those "photo" faces just seem like a perfect fit for HD, too.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #118
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryandrew
I gurantee you, that they will have the full version available for downloaded on the psn/live during the christmas holidays or new years.
yep, this is EA we are talking about, they will maximize their profits to the fullest. I Bet after a month it will be on there for download. Dont be fooled folks, you can still get it, but you just have to wait a little while.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
yep, this is EA we are talking about, they will maximize their profits to the fullest. I Bet after a month it will be on there for download. Dont be fooled folks, you can still get it, but you just have to wait a little while.
Thx for contributing to the discussion with your amazing insight and psychic skills.

Anyhow I for one am thankful that blackflash83 is taking the time to keep us informed about the game. It seems like they're short on time and I was happy with the news we got today being a big nba jam fan.

One question. Will there be an Nba Jam demo also?
Old 08-03-2010, 05:13 PM   #120
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Damn EA is desperate
To all the "EA is desperate", "Elite must be lacking", etc., people I would challenge you to look at the competition to see what lacking substance truly is. 2K basically ran out of ideas so instead of spending the money on making a better GAME, they decided to spend umpteen MILLIONS of dollars to leverage and use MJs IMAGE. Hence, if you want an expensive, big name sponsored version of last year's NBA 2k, go ahead and pick it up. Watching an animated Jordan is fun, but not worth my $60! However, if you want a NEW revolutionary basketball gameplay experience AND a 2ND good game in NBA Jam, pick up EAs offering. Since we're again talking VIDEO GAMES here, I know what I'm going to buy....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »