Home

NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMan1486
So basically people like me that were going to purchase Jam but not Elite get screwed?... looks like I'm going to have to find a way to get my hands on a code.
Exactly.. that's a new way to make money. And someone can only imagine the headlines already: "Elite outsells 2k" ... Well, I think the attention JAM gets is nearly as high or maybe even higher than the attention ELITE gets because JAM really is something people are looking forward to with a smile on their faces...

But I'm not gonna do them the favour and buy elite now... hell no!
They are going to make more money out of the situation, they sure do, but they really mess around with a lot of people. Poor EA-move
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Elite 11 to Include NBA Jam, Not Available on Marketplace or PSN (360, PS3)

This doesn't do anything for me at all. I was all excited to check what the big news was this morning, and then I get this. Oh well, it doesn't suck that they are giving us Jam, it just isn't anything that I care about.

I was wanting an announcement about being able to play either 29, 54, or 82 games in a dynasty. That is what is going to make me buy this game, not an NBA Jam code.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 08-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #43
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

Hey the game was going to be $60 bucks anyway so you can't complain about this move. I personally have no interest in Jam but still a nice marketing move. I wonder how much I can sell the download code for on Ebay?

Seriously though, now that EA has Magic and other legends for the Wii can someone please explain to me why we can't have them on Live? I realize there is no shot at Jordan but give us something.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #44
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

I was going to buy ELite 11......I was going to buy Jam off the PSN when it became available.

So....this is a win win situation. Great announcement !
Old 08-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
ok, cool... but does it use regular controls on the Wii or some motion crapola scheme??
I would guess it is motion controls, but maybe there is an option for the old-school controller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 10:34 AM   #46
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
ok, cool... but does it use regular controls on the Wii or some motion crapola scheme??
k, i found the controls in a GameSpot preview

Hold Z for turbo, hit A to pass, and flick the remote up in the air to shoot, dunk, block, or do anything that requires jumping into the air.
Holding Z and pressing B will do an ankle-breaker crossover, holding B after grabbing a rebound will throw a flurry of elbows, and holding C and flicking the remote will perform a pump fake.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclutch
Hey the game was going to be $60 bucks anyway so you can't complain about this move. I personally have no interest in Jam but still a nice marketing move. I wonder how much I can sell the download code for on Ebay?

Seriously though, now that EA has Magic and other legends for the Wii can someone please explain to me why we can't have them on Live? I realize there is no shot at Jordan but give us something.
Oh come on don't be foolish^^ They wouldn't have decided to do it this way if it wouldn't be profitable. Don't even think that way that you're getting 2 for 1 here^^ Plus, you don't get the whole experience..
Old 08-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 9

I don't get how a person could say ''poor move'' ea. That's a great news and a smart move by ea, you get to have 2 different kind of game one for simulation one for arcade and fun, so cheers.

I'm looking forward to elite 11 so hopefully i get to play jam,too. Great.

Last edited by ataman5; 08-03-2010 at 11:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »