Home

Pucking Ridiculous: Dear 2K, You Can't Give Up on NHL 2K

This is a discussion on Pucking Ridiculous: Dear 2K, You Can't Give Up on NHL 2K within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-15-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Pucking Ridiculous: Dear 2K, You Can't Give Up on NHL 2K

Hello everyone and thanks for choosing to read the second edition of Pucking Ridiculous (The OBG Chronicles). Last week's subject was respect and courtesy towards the NHL developers here on the boards at OS -- or any Web site you may see them for that matter -- during this intense stretch of time leading up to release day in September.

This week, however, I have a strong feeling about the folks over at 2K Sports.

At this point, I suppose it's beyond obvious that NHL 2K has somehow fallen from the pinnacle of its sim roots to its potential demise as a series. At this point in time, I might safely assume that there are not many of us who could say that their hopes are flying high for an NHL 2K12 for the 360/PS3.

That's just wrong.

Read more - Pucking Ridiculous: Dear 2K, You can't give up on NHL 2K
Platform: Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 47
I hope they go the MLB 2K10 and NBA2K10 route. Those presentation are very well done. That will help the game in the long one for me. And also fix some key game play issues and I believe you will have a very good hockey game. I still have faith they will do this for NHL 2k12.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
We need 2K sports back in the game. EA is doing a good job with the NHL franchise but competition is an healthy thing to have in this genre. I miss 2k hockey and hope they ditch this damn wii crap.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4
Hard to believe it wasnt that long ago I had pretty much ignored EA hockey but 2k was better. No longer the case, obviously. Unfortunately, the hockey market (the people that pla the games) is way too small, and they don't make enough money even on a successful game.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #5
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
I agree with the presentation element MLB 2k10 is downright awesome in that dept.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Nice subject. I became a 2K fan with 2K2 and especially 2K3.
If they do decide to come back to next-gen next season, they really do need to start from scratch.,
And they absolutely HAVE TO copy the Skill-Stick. EA's Goliath isn't going down to no measly pebble.
Skill stick, 2K online hockey league, big-time presentation and great AI has to be present in order to take back the crown.
It's almost unfathomable to think that at one time, 2K's hockey title owned over 50% of the market share.
Sitting on an outdated engine built on the Dreamcast isn't going to keep you ahead of the game.

Reboot and do it right.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:04 PM   #7
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Pucking Ridiculous: Dear 2K, You Can't Give Up on NHL 2K

Nice read, but the writing is on the wall for this series. Bug-filled games, lack of post-release support, and poor marketing have enabled them to dig their own grave over a few short years.

Moving away from the 360/PS3 wasn't a good sign, and now EA has moved onto the only arena 2k has left -- and has added one of the most (if not THE most) recognizable faces to help market the title.

Last edited by Flyermania; 07-15-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:46 PM   #8
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Pucking Ridiculous: Dear 2K, You Can't Give Up on NHL 2K

2K thought they were smart by just releasing this years game on the Wii thinking they would make some kind of profit after abysmal sales on the PS3/360 last year. That was until EA announced a game of their own with Gretzky promoting it with the Wii motion hockey stick. I think it is safe to say which game will get the most sales on the Wii this year. I loved 2k hockey for years but those days are long gone and just like their lack of customer support it appears everyone else has bailed on them as well.

Last edited by Stormyhog; 07-15-2010 at 11:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »