Home

Out of Bounds: The Old, Old, Ballgame.

This is a discussion on Out of Bounds: The Old, Old, Ballgame. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Out of Bounds: The Old, Old, Ballgame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
I know that MLB 2K10 is not the choice of most gamers who have a PS3 at their disposal, but let me say this: MLB 2K10's presentation is top notch, compared to what we've seen so far and post-patch, plays a pretty solid game of baseball.
Don't get all sensitive and start layin' into me for what I'm about to ask you because I seriously don't understand a phrase you used and I wanna know what it means.. What does "plays a pretty solid game of baseball" actually mean ?
Old 07-15-2010, 01:32 AM   #10
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB01
Don't get all sensitive and start layin' into me for what I'm about to ask you because I seriously don't understand a phrase you used and I wanna know what it means.. What does "plays a pretty solid game of baseball" actually mean ?
Don't worry about it...I'm feelin' nice this evening.

"Plays a pretty solid game of baseball" means that you should have included where I proceeded it with "post patch" just to put it in completely proper context.

It plays a good game of baseball.

Meaning, outside of the lack of errors and injuries, the game is pretty solid...post patch. For once, with the right sliders of course, the gameplay is solid. MLB doesn't suffer from a plague of too many homeruns that really ruined the series for a long time. Each and every game could be completely different that the one before. Dominant pitchers are the dominant pitchers while you weaker guys will struggle noticably more--this is also the same for the opposing CPU pitchers.

After patched, which fixed the 'rocket arms' and complete improbability of coming up with a stolen base, this game has quenched my baseball needs.

Add that to the fact that the game is a presentation lovers pizza, I'm happy.

Thanks for asking.

The game is not perfect. There are issues within franchise that many people are not happy about. For instance, player progression is one of them. But I, considering that I play every game, will likely never get through more than one season anyhow, rendering the supposed problem useless.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:15 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Out of Bounds: The Old, Old, Ballgame.

Quote:
Don't worry about it...I'm feelin' nice this evening.

"Plays a pretty solid game of baseball" means that you should have included where I proceeded it with "post patch" just to put it in completely proper context.

Ha..

Quote:
Meaning, outside of the lack of errors and injuries, the game is pretty solid...post patch. For once, with the right sliders of course, the gameplay is solid. MLB doesn't suffer from a plague of too many homeruns that really ruined the series for a long time. Each and every game could be completely different that the one before. Dominant pitchers are the dominant pitchers while you weaker guys will struggle noticably more--this is also the same for the opposing CPU pitchers.
True true.. I have it for PC, but I don't play it anymore. I can see what you're sayin' though. It was definately better than '09. That wasn't good.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »