Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only)

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only)

This was a big issue with v3. v4 didn't fix pitcher stamina at all, and I believe that was the cause of a large amount of simmed issues. And it might not be as bad if you sim out a few seasons, some have strange numbers and some are dead on.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #402
Rookie

boblight24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
This was a big issue with v3. v4 didn't fix pitcher stamina at all, and I believe that was the cause of a large amount of simmed issues. And it might not be as bad if you sim out a few seasons, some have strange numbers and some are dead on.
How big of an issue is the stamina? Is it something that can be fixed by the individual or would that be too time consuming? I checked the Nats minor league teams for Strasburg and he isn't there, unless I'm blind (which might be the case because I'm getting old).
Old 07-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #403
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblight24
How big of an issue is the stamina? Is it something that can be fixed by the individual or would that be too time consuming? I checked the Nats minor league teams for Strasburg and he isn't there, unless I'm blind (which might be the case because I'm getting old).
it can be big for you if you see the prob. meaning, some haven't felt the problem. one things for certain either way, it was not intended to be tested for simming stat results. it's with in game starting pitcher stamina... least noticeable if you're only testing w/ real life upper tier Aces, of which there are just a handful.. meaning the bulk of your every day starters can end up w. zero energy bar after 80, 90 pitches.. basically you can still get to 100 pitches but w/ extreme drop off of 'stuff' as you can imagine...this was all discussed for pages a few wks ago...you can move the slider for stamina 2 notches or more and ingame stamina for starters would be curved up wards so they can last longer before there energy drops (closer to 100 pitches than below), but simming ignores slider sets apparently, so still not good when simming games. v3 introduced these stamina ratings, v4 was not meant to redo 'fix' the staminas though, it contained the same staminas introduced in v3 if i recall. it comes via v4.1, which has yet to come out. v4 was largely meant to introduce bahnzotool data for batters and pitchers.

to 'fix' on your own you have to go through most/all starter pitchers and increase their stamina rating. imho many of them need to be around at least the 70s, upper and above...and account that one pitcher should be the same, lower, greater than the next... whichever way such that the starter can toss about 105-115 pitches prior to a complete zero on the energy bar... this would more accurately match a mlb caliber starter as most can do 105-115 pitches w/ same mph on say their fastball. in the show, notice if the energy bar is gone, the mph seems to go also.

Last edited by abcabc; 07-08-2010 at 04:38 PM. Reason: more info
Old 07-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #404
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Will version 4.1 have any 4 seamers added back or will the pitches be the same as 4.0? Thanks.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #405
Rookie

OVR: 2

i hope so i had to switch up felix hernandez
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #406
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

Apologise for my silence the past day and a half. Things have gone on at home (nothing overly serious) that has made me unable to even turn my PS3 on. Hopefully that should change soon enough and Ill be able to get these out.

Only stamina will be adjusted to Bahnzos numbers with slight tweaks. I am not touching pitch repertoie. I understand that there are a few others who did that with v.4 hopefully someone will be able to do so with these if they are ur cup of tea.

Strut as well has been busy so he has not been able to forward me his new info but they will be available in his thread for equipment and stances soon enough.

There will also be some updates to a few hitters attributes (Kevin Fransden immediately comes to mind) which basically right now is all I need to do before I post.

Again my apologies

Another year, and here we go again.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #407
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
Apologise for my silence the past day and a half. Things have gone on at home (nothing overly serious) that has made me unable to even turn my PS3 on. Hopefully that should change soon enough and Ill be able to get these out.

Only stamina will be adjusted to Bahnzos numbers with slight tweaks. I am not touching pitch repertoie. I understand that there are a few others who did that with v.4 hopefully someone will be able to do so with these if they are ur cup of tea.

Strut as well has been busy so he has not been able to forward me his new info but they will be available in his thread for equipment and stances soon enough.

There will also be some updates to a few hitters attributes (Kevin Fransden immediately comes to mind) which basically right now is all I need to do before I post.

Again my apologies
Sounds like tonight is the night. I cant say im not excited
Old 07-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #408
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by God_of_Quan
Sounds like tonight is the night. I cant say im not excited

I hope it happens tonight. The wife is gone and I am off for a couple of days!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »