Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only)

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #305
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9
re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only)

No ETA, sorry. TD is working on the file Dean did. Just let me say it will not be straight Bahnzo, TD is trying to attain the greatest accuracy and even the DB has some kinks. But he's onto something. He has kept me updated so it shouldn't be too long. As far as what I plan on doing, well I kind of want to do something special now....

Another year, and here we go again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 06:57 PM   #306
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
No ETA, sorry. TD is working on the file Dean did. Just let me say it will not be straight Bahnzo, TD is trying to attain the greatest accuracy and even the DB has some kinks. But he's onto something. He has kept me updated so it shouldn't be too long. As far as what I plan on doing, well I kind of want to do something special now....
Sounds great. Any chance we get some of those 4seamers added back in? no biggie if we don't. Ill try to keep updating stances/motions so you can plug them into v4.1 if you want
Old 07-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #307
Rookie

soonermagic75's Arena

yeah Snake keep pluggin Strut's stances, they are tremendous..........
Old 07-02-2010, 07:04 PM   #308
Banned

InSainn's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc
i think the pitch types were based on replicating the resulting movement of the real life pitch, not the name of the pitch. i could be wrong but if the 4sfb in MLB show 2010 doesn't make the same movement but another type of fastball did, the pitcher in the game was given another fb type. now, the pitch type info may have been carried over from when they were collected during 2009 and just input for 2010, i hope they can jump on and comment on how much was carried over or was most of it reworked/re-researched... also, apparently there is more movement(break) in the 4sfb for MLB2010, than there was for MLB2009. still, whether it can move the same as someone's real life 4sfb, i hope someone else can chime in.
Alot of people here see the movement values given to the pitch fx data for 4sfb's and I think that causes alot of people to overestimate how much it actually moves. Yes, it's true the ball is spinning much more and everything but it's also traveling alot faster and with more backspin as well, both of those work against the horizontal break and so, in the end, it still doesn't "break" nearly as much as any other pitch and is visually very hard to detect. I think people see numbers like 8" of horizontal spin and think "that fastball must break a ton" but in the end, unless that same fastball has much less backpin it's not gonna break all that much... basically, it moves enough that you can't square it up but not enough for you to see in real time.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #309
Banned

InSainn's Arena

OVR: 7

P.S. A great formula I've found for rating the break on a 4-seamer:

(Break Angle Times 1.5)+(Break Length Squared)
Old 07-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #310
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24
Sounds great. Any chance we get some of those 4seamers added back in? no biggie if we don't. Ill try to keep updating stances/motions so you can plug them into v4.1 if you want
Strut, anything you got I GUARANTEE will get into 4.1. Big reason Im not gonna rush. EVERYTHING will be right (hint, hint LOL)

Another year, and here we go again.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #311
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc
i think the pitch types were based on replicating the resulting movement of the real life pitch, not the name of the pitch. i could be wrong but if the 4sfb in MLB show 2010 doesn't make the same movement but another type of fastball did, the pitcher in the game was given another fb type. now, the pitch type info may have been carried over from when they were collected during 2009 and just input for 2010, i hope they can jump on and comment on how much was carried over or was most of it reworked/re-researched... also, apparently there is more movement(break) in the 4sfb for MLB2010, than there was for MLB2009. still, whether it can move the same as someone's real life 4sfb, i hope someone else can chime in.
Yes this is correct and for this year I still just don't think that the 4sfb is an accurate representation of the pitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #312
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
Strut, anything you got I GUARANTEE will get into 4.1. Big reason Im not gonna rush. EVERYTHING will be right (hint, hint LOL)
gotta busy weekend ahead of me but ill try to send you my updated Word file by monday night

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »