Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only)

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-01-2010, 08:56 PM   #281
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10
re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only)

I agree strut plus its easier to spot the 4seamer. I like razrs changes but i think all these rosters are like the sliders its all preference
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #282
King Bundy

MizzyMike05's Arena

OVR: 13

Yes I agree. After playing a bunch of games before V3, I was telling my buddies that it seems like in this years edition, the 4 seamer has some break to it. I figured that the pitch edits wouldn't alter too much to what SCEA already had, but there are a lot of changes. I think that the 4 seamer is the most popular pitch among all pitchers in MLB, and that is why SCEA implemented it into almost every pitcher. I watch every Pirate game I can get to, and the only pitchers on the team that do not have a pretty straight fastball are Ohlendorf and Carrasco. The 4 seam fastball is almost extinct on V3 and V4 lol.

Crosby vs. Ovechkin (Blog)
Old 07-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #283
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16

This roster is very well done. Thanks for your work!
Old 07-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #284
King Bundy

MizzyMike05's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
This roster is very well done. Thanks for your work!
This roster is more than very well done, it's unbelievably well done. It make The Show by far the funnest sports game to play on a regular basis, especially Franchise mode. I love seeing everybody complementing the makers of the roster, but I couldn't imagine how good it feels to be the makers and getting complemented so much. Heck, i'm gonna do them one more favor and thank them again. Thanks to all involved in this awesome project known as the O.S. Full Minors. You guys are the best!

Old 07-01-2010, 11:19 PM   #285
Banned

InSainn's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24
ya know, I actually looked more carefully at the 4 seamer last night and the 4 seamer with a lot of break DOES move. I don't think it did in last years game but it definitely does this year. Im still ok with the changes RAZR made but 4 seamers definitely move this year
You're right strut, the 4-seamer does move in this year's edition and it actually moves exactly as a 4-seamer should. When the ball comes out of the pitcher's hand, because it is not directly over the center of his head there is a natural angle toward its target. The ball will actually reach that target before it gets to the plate and then straighten out to hit the target, giving the illusion of the ball running away. The higher the break rating the sooner the pitch line up with its target and straighten out and a break rating of 0 will cause the ball to travel a straight line path (as there are a handful of guys who have fastballs like this... mostly younger pitchers). That's why you see no lil arrows on the 4-seamer though, because the pitch is simply straightening out instead of running back against the laws of physics.

With all that said though, I hope SCEA sticks with what they did there and I also hope they remove the running fastball next year as it is a completely unrealistic pitch as no pitch can break in that fashion without losing some of its momentum and thus dropping like the 2-seamer and/or sinker.

Last edited by InSainn; 07-02-2010 at 12:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 11:23 PM   #286
Banned

InSainn's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stusteelersqb5
Yes I agree. After playing a bunch of games before V3, I was telling my buddies that it seems like in this years edition, the 4 seamer has some break to it. I figured that the pitch edits wouldn't alter too much to what SCEA already had, but there are a lot of changes. I think that the 4 seamer is the most popular pitch among all pitchers in MLB, and that is why SCEA implemented it into almost every pitcher. I watch every Pirate game I can get to, and the only pitchers on the team that do not have a pretty straight fastball are Ohlendorf and Carrasco. The 4 seam fastball is almost extinct on V3 and V4 lol.
I'm working extremely hard on completeing my pitch edits and when I do I'll release em in the vault. Right now, what I have done is available in spreadsheet form in my thread entitled "My Pitch Edits". I just finished and released the Pirates yesterday in fact.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #287
King Bundy

MizzyMike05's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSainn
I'm working extremely hard on completeing my pitch edits and when I do I'll release em in the vault. Right now, what I have done is available in spreadsheet form in my thread entitled "My Pitch Edits". I just finished and released the Pirates yesterday in fact.
very nice. thanks for the input. i'm gonna have to check it out.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:51 AM   #288
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

What does these franchise files do that were asked about - what are their purpose? Also, how accurate are the minors rosters - and what is the title of the latest to download since there are so many?

I know on the one I downloaded, David Mixon wasn't on the Giants' AA team. He is their top pitcher and in the top 8 in the Eastern League. He's from the place I live, so I was just wondering how the minor rosters worked. I appreciate any input. I got the game Sunday, and I have no idea what I am doing.

Thank you!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »