Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only)

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 6
re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v4 (Opening Day Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
RAZR said these weren't for simmed stats and that he didn't care about producing unrealistic sim stats. Now, they are producing unrealistic played game stats. He could at least admit this and try to help out. I really appreciate all the work you guys put in and love to use these rosters, but this issue is killing it for me now.
What are you trying to accomplish with the slew of posts all saying the same thing? They're putting out a 4.1 with stamina edits. If you don't want to wait, go edit it yourself.

Nobody owes you, or any of us here, an apology for doing a bunch of work on rosters. Perhaps it didn't work out great this time, but it's already been established it will be changed in 4.1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #106
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
It is solely stamina related. I am mainly testing by playing games and throwing pitches with my starter until he is completely depleted on energy. If Price is AVERAGING 106 per game, and he can't reach 92 without draining all of his energy, AND the starter stamina is at 6, how can RAZR say these are realistic? So every time Price has pitched he has been running on absolute empty for at least 15 pitches? That's a whole inning worth of pitches with ABSOLUTELY 0 ENERGY. That's insane.

RAZR said these weren't for simmed stats and that he didn't care about producing unrealistic sim stats. Now, they are producing unrealistic played game stats. He could at least admit this and try to help out. I really appreciate all the work you guys put in and love to use these rosters, but this issue is killing it for me now.
after breaking away from repeated exhibition games bet. nny and bos, petttitte vs beckett, i chose nny vis det. pettitte vs. rick porcello. omg the porcello guy the first inning was throwing almost all benders w/ occasional heat (his sinker)... Tex w/ a 2run shot. Porcello's second inning started off w/ 2 sinkers, then he went back to his benders. 3rd inning i hit a 2 run shot w/ Posada off Porcello. 4th inning I crush a ball to right center w/ Swisher. Porcello ends w/ 3IP 6ER 3HRs... Now to Pettitte, I go over 110 pitches, 6.1IP 3H, 4BB, 5Ks, he is totally gassed at end the 5th inning but I was pitching a shutout and leading by 6-0 so I run him out for the 6th. so from around 95+ pitches to his final 110th, 15 pitches while totally gassed out, fastball no longer 91mph whereas in real life as i've mentioned in prior posts I still see mr. 37? yr old Andy rocking 91mph at 110pitches. Dean's observation w/ Price is the same as I've seen it. Basically the stamina is such that once zeroed, it makes the starters next 15pitches a tightrope that doesn't exist in real MLB. And w/ someone like Pettitte who's mph is lower to start off w/ than someone like Price, it's a more evident tightrope. If it wasn't a 6-0 lead, but like a 6-5 lead, i wouldn't have even run Andy back out there, and thus his stats would have been 5IP, 95pitches. That's not Andy unless he's injured. BTW this game I set the stamina slider at 8, 10 being the max.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #107
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoleDude
What are you trying to accomplish with the slew of posts all saying the same thing? They're putting out a 4.1 with stamina edits. If you don't want to wait, go edit it yourself.

Nobody owes you, or any of us here, an apology for doing a bunch of work on rosters. Perhaps it didn't work out great this time, but it's already been established it will be changed in 4.1.

absolutely, but i think dean's recent post that i think you are responding to, is just Dean's response to jasnake's most recent post asking if this issue is actually more w/ manager hook instead of stamina... which dean answers mostly w/ the first paragraph of his reply, but there's a bit of frustration after that in the second paragraph.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:20 PM   #108
Pro

ThirdDegree5803's Arena

OVR: 8

guys im working on an update...

David Price has been moved to a 74 stamina
fixed John Jaso up a bit attribute-wise
Jason Castro adjusted to 70

im simming another season checking out some things...do you want me to post it the update when I'm done? I'm thinking about lowering all closer's stamina...when looking at sim results i feel like too many closers are getting 40-50 saves every year...I feel either its durability or stamina that is making them available too much...I'm not quite sure...
Old 06-26-2010, 07:27 PM   #109
MVP

grgmths1433's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdDegree5803

im simming another season checking out some things...do you want me to post it the update when I'm done? I'm thinking about lowering all closer's stamina...when looking at sim results i feel like too many closers are getting 40-50 saves every year...I feel either its durability or stamina that is making them available too much...I'm not quite sure...
hell yea we want that updat...hahaha can you add them missing players strut was talking about?would that be the v4.1 or just your updated.what would it be called.thx for yall hard work

MLB- Milwaukee Brewers
NFL- Green Bay Packers
NBA- Milwaukee Bucks

Last edited by grgmths1433; 06-26-2010 at 07:29 PM. Reason: add more
Old 06-26-2010, 07:33 PM   #110
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
It is solely stamina related. I am mainly testing by playing games and throwing pitches with my starter until he is completely depleted on energy. If Price is AVERAGING 106 per game, and he can't reach 92 without draining all of his energy, AND the starter stamina is at 6, how can RAZR say these are realistic? So every time Price has pitched he has been running on absolute empty for at least 15 pitches? That's a whole inning worth of pitches with ABSOLUTELY 0 ENERGY. That's insane.

Well I see that now you have to go to calling me a liar instead of actually being constructive. The only thing that I have to admit is that I'm having no issues with this set and therefore nothing will be done about it on my end. Hope your happy with v4.1 because after that it's over.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:36 PM   #111
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdDegree5803

Durability is the one affecting the closer saves thing.

Can you let me know who's players stamina your going to alter? The point of switching to bahnzo's is to alter things like that not v4. I'm cool with the price edit but just let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2010, 07:40 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc
absolutely, but i think dean's recent post that i think you are responding to, is just Dean's response to jasnake's most recent post asking if this issue is actually more w/ manager hook instead of stamina... which dean answers mostly w/ the first paragraph of his reply, but there's a bit of frustration after that in the second paragraph.
Both of you have great posts detailing the problem (which not everyone is having anyway), and I generally have the same results with pitchers I use. Posting results are great, especially if you're changing slider settings. The part I quoted was not in response to Jasnake.

There's been almost no changes to stamina, except the few changes that have been said for relievers turned starters. I just don't understand why this thread needs to be filled with the same information as the v3 thread, when it's already been established there's work being done to address the issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »