Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-25-2010, 03:15 PM   #465
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee2441
Maybe there is a better formula to use for stamina, I don't know. I'd like to commend Razr for his efforts and I think he did a great job on this roster.

Furthermore, I did some simming where I played with the manager hook slider and it made no difference whether it was set to 0 or 10. I'm fairly confident that sliders only affect games you play.
i'm down w/ razrs pitch edits, and pope's, the stamina, i think i read came from rodcarew's proprietary formula.

the better formula may be i read, the numbers extracted by bahzo's tool, which i think jasnake will input for v4.1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #466
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
I'm not shoving everyone's stamina to 0 so I don't get your logic there. It's mostly a + or - 5 change. Most people on this board that have used my various roster projects know that I'm not big on sim stats. I tried once on I believe NBA 2k8 and pretty much discovered that trying to get proper simmed stats was a wild goose chase as there were always many abnormalities which were enhanced by attempting to "fix" another and that the quest for proper simmed gameplay adversely affected user vs cpu gameplay. Later I found that this was true in most, if not all, sports games. I, am in my opinion am going for the utmost realism in the things that I consider relevant. That being user versus cpu gameplay. I ultimately do the rosters for myself but even under your framework the community is gridlocked on whether the stamina edits are good or bad and some simmed results that people are posting are just as close to realistic levels as scea or not very different. To me this means that I default to what I find to be best which would be the stamina edits.

Razr I'm totally with you on this...I'm saying this as a 46 year old who grew up playing strat-o-matic, which is great for simulating seasons and getting realistic stats...basically, the skill is based only on choosing lineups, making substitutions and making strategy decisions. but come on, guys, in the end THIS is a video game where the visual experience is the most important thing - so obviously the emphasis for the majority must be playing challenging, realistic games head-to-head against others or against the cpu, improving your skills with hitting, pitching, fielding etc...I just don't believe that you can possibly have the best of both worlds, meaning totally realistic simulated stats and a great in-game experience...just my two cents...
Old 06-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #467
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc
wait a sec:

"I will not be able to do this until tommorrow afternoon, it should only take me an hour or two so tommorrow night looks 99% like it."
Ur confusing me, I said yesterday tommorrow night (meaning tonight), I confirmed TODAY that its tonight so what seems to be your issue?

Another year, and here we go again.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:02 PM   #468
Rookie

Phillies2010's Arena

OVR: 11

Very excited, these are so worth the wait. Thanks to all of the guys who made these, cant wait to start up my franchise after I get home from my baseball game tonight!
Old 06-25-2010, 05:04 PM   #469
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
Ur confusing me, I said yesterday tommorrow night (meaning tonight), I confirmed TODAY that its tonight so what seems to be your issue?
lol, nothing, i was just joking
Old 06-25-2010, 05:06 PM   #470
Pro

jtott's Arena

OVR: 4

OK.... just out of curiosity, and this may have been touched on already... but is this going to be the final version of the OSFM Rosters.. as in NO other updates to this.

I don't care if there is ... everyone has done a FANTASTIC job on these from day one(currently using V3) .... I'm just wanting to play with the FINAL roster, and not start over when an updated version comes out(this is not a complaint).

Again.... just curious, and appreciative for the hard work put into these.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:33 PM   #471
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtott
OK.... just out of curiosity, and this may have been touched on already... but is this going to be the final version of the OSFM Rosters.. as in NO other updates to this.

I don't care if there is ... everyone has done a FANTASTIC job on these from day one(currently using V3) .... I'm just wanting to play with the FINAL roster, and not start over when an updated version comes out(this is not a complaint).

Again.... just curious, and appreciative for the hard work put into these.
To my knowledge this is it (well 4.1 is but if you like v3 than v4 is it for u LOL). Knight sometimes surprises, last year he did an end of season set after the trade deadline which included the transactions and major draft picks. It is not known (nor likely IMO) that he has the itch to tackle that again.

Another year, and here we go again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 05:44 PM   #472
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
Just to chime in, but realize that I play with Razrs edits and we are doing the stamina edits to suffice those in the community as well.

It is the purpose of the re-rates to get more accurate gameplay not only in simulation numbers but also in gameplay. There will be a discernable difference in some players and more subtle differences in others. However gameplay is not affected in any way so that the game suddenly becomes monotonous or impossible to play. It just feels more realistic (IMO). Balls in the gaps, homers that feel like homers, etc. Then in the games around yours when you look at how your players stcak up to the rest of the league you wont be seeing that the home run leader is Derek Lee with 51 or the league leader in RBI has 183. Or your team wont be running away with the team homer statistics cause you can bang at least 15 with your whole roster even with Alex Cora. Sim statistics will actually be more in tune to realistic not the ridiculous which unfortunately happens with stock. Good examples: look at some SCEA players and look at their running attributes, youll see some that have barely a 7 in awareness and a 5 in aggressiveness. With that low a number in a simmed game or in a game in which your playing against that player, if a ball wasnt shot into the gap and rolled around for 2 minutes the player would NEVER want to take an extra base even if your looking at that type of hit and saying to yourself Why the heck did that guy stop at first. The rating tells the games logic to stop. Even the slowest of players (VMart comes to mind) has a good number of doubles. You'll hopefully be seeing that now.

The same goes with stamina, if Razrs edits are showing comparable (not exact) numbers to the norm (and this year has been FAR from the norm), then there should be no issue moving the stamina around for most. We are going to see where moving the stamina around gets us to suffice the community that wants it, this way everyone could (hopefully, fingers crossed) be happy.

Too lengthy and probably off point LOL
This is a great help actually thanks Ja.

Also, about the injury sim thing, that might be one of the few sliders not affected by simming? i'm just speculating though. Maybe some are and some aren't? Could be a possibility with something like 'injuries'...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »