Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-24-2010, 09:43 PM   #441
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

I'm game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 10:10 PM   #442
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24
Thanks Ja! please make sure the new thread explains what exactly v4 is (in comparison to v4.1). There seems to be a lot of confusion. Also, please talk to HustlinOwl so we can release the FRANCHISE file at the same time as v4 and v4.1
What about players that have been call up like marlins scott strickland and mike lamb any caps in v4.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:12 PM   #443
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
OK Update: TD is finishing. He will probably be finished tonight late. He told me that he is very pleased with the results after ALOT of simming. The roster will be coming back to me afterwards for a minor look over and the defensive checks. I will not be able to do this until tommorrow afternoon, it should only take me an hour or two so tommorrow night looks 99% like it.

As far as 4.1, Strut has some updates that in an effort to get out V4 I will include in 4.1. Im gonna see how long TD needs on the stamina if he doesnt update you all first. I honestly do not think that its gonna take that long as the real hard part is done.

After that, Ill be happily playing this game.
wow, that's really great news, thankyou. we'll ALL be happily playing this game.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #444
MVP

ltw0303cavs's Arena

OVR: 10

Nice just in time for my 4 day weekend ! Thanks guys ! Well at least till the two year old wakes up, then...........its game over
Old 06-24-2010, 10:44 PM   #445
Rookie

Phillies2010's Arena

OVR: 11

Awesome! Can't wait for this guys, officially the best group of people aroundd
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 11:49 PM   #446
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf718
What about players that have been call up like marlins scott strickland and mike lamb any caps in v4.
i personally dont do CAPs but I made mention of who all still needed to be created when I forwarded my list onto JaSnake and Knight. Those were two of them along with a few more guys like Brian Sweeney, Carlos Maldonado and a few others
Old 06-25-2010, 02:54 AM   #447
Pro

OVR: 5

First, thank you to everyone who has been hard at work on the rosters. It seems to me that a lot more time and effort has been put into the rosters this year than last and I am sure I will be very happy with them. (Of course last years rosters were great also!)

While I am writing I wanted to give my views on player potential. This is not an issue for Knight, Strut and all but rather is with SCEA. It appears that SCEA has created fictitious players in each potential category in about equal numbers. In reality it should be a bell shaped curve. For example, Baseball Intellect only lists 4 players as true "A" potential (Heyward, Strasburg, Santana and Posey) and when one adds the A- players one still only gets to 15 in total for all of Major League Baseball. I think a more realistiic distribution of Potential ratings for the editable fictitious minor league players would be:

A - 1.5%
B - 15%
C - 50%
D - 25%
F - 8-9%

I went through the top 20 prospects for 2010 for all 30 Major League League teams for 2010 according to John Sickels and came up with the following total number of prospects in the first three categories:

A - 20 (1.1%)
B - 219 (12.2%)
C - 916 (50.9%)

I calculated the percentages based on an estimated total of approximately 1800 editable minor league players for the 30 teams (60 per team). I ignored the "+" and "-" in the potential ratings. This is roughly consistent with my above proposed percentages.

This would actually make true "A" potential players like Heyward and Strasburg more "special" and might even solve the 2014 franchise glitch as one would not have so many A (superstar) potential minor leaguers coming up from the minor leagues displacing the veteran players.

Lastly, I also believe any player who actually has made to the Majors probable should be rated no lower than a C, especially while they are still on the team.

Those are my thoughts at least. As I said this is an SCEA issue and hopefuly it will be addressed in MLB11 when inputting the minor league players since potential is an uneditable characteristic. I do not think it would require any new programing other than to change the ratios of the potentials of the new players that are created year to year when in Franchise or RTTS mode.

Karle

Last edited by Karle; 06-25-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:56 AM   #448
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by strut24
i personally dont do CAPs but I made mention of who all still needed to be created when I forwarded my list onto JaSnake and Knight. Those were two of them along with a few more guys like Brian Sweeney, Carlos Maldonado and a few others

Hey strut, did you get my PM?
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »