Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-23-2010, 10:40 AM   #337
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

Has V4 been released yet?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:58 AM   #338
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

OK guys. There is a delay (no kidding). Sims are not giving optimum results. I personally love Razr's edits and they play great IMO. Just last night I actually PLAYED a game utilizing Ross Ohlendorf (me) vs. Ricky Nolasco. The results of the played game were, in my mind, fantastic (I use PB's sliders, HOF pitching with Razr's stamina reccommendations for anyone wondering). This is what Razr was shooting for and, as always, has come up huge big time.

This brings me to this conclusion, we release the set as is because there is a good portion of everyone that likes everything about V3, myself included. Then I apply, as I stated before, Bahnzo's DB stamina to the STARTERS only and see if there is an applicable difference sim wise. Mine, and TD's, feeling is that there will be. My knowledge is that sims are not affected by sliders. They are for gameplay only, simming just basically crunches numbers with variables (in this case the ratings). Lower rated stamina on pitchers, our theory is, is making them get pulled from SIMMED games much sooner then they actually would in real life. They also probably "lose affectiveness" in sims much sooner as well (the variable numbers, like a die shift (LOL) in board games probably go towards the offensive team, if you catch my drift). This may be leading to the obscure sim numbers TD has been seeing. For those that would like this, sliders would then have to be readjusted for played games. Dont know how much, Im sure one of the slider guys could chime in on that.

Any thoughts, opinions???

Another year, and here we go again.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #339
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
OK guys. There is a delay (no kidding). Sims are not giving optimum results. I personally love Razr's edits and they play great IMO. Just last night I actually PLAYED a game utilizing Ross Ohlendorf (me) vs. Ricky Nolasco. The results of the played game were, in my mind, fantastic (I use PB's sliders, HOF pitching with Razr's stamina reccommendations for anyone wondering). This is what Razr was shooting for and, as always, has come up huge big time.

This brings me to this conclusion, we release the set as is because there is a good portion of everyone that likes everything about V3, myself included. Then I apply, as I stated before, Bahnzo's DB stamina to the STARTERS only and see if there is an applicable difference sim wise. Mine, and TD's, feeling is that there will be. My knowledge is that sims are not affected by sliders. They are for gameplay only, simming just basically crunches numbers with variables (in this case the ratings). Lower rated stamina on pitchers, our theory is, is making them get pulled from SIMMED games much sooner then they actually would in real life. They also probably "lose affectiveness" in sims much sooner as well (the variable numbers, like a die shift (LOL) in board games probably go towards the offensive team, if you catch my drift). This may be leading to the obscure sim numbers TD has been seeing. For those that would like this, sliders would then have to be readjusted for played games. Dont know how much, Im sure one of the slider guys could chime in on that.

razor edits are fine. Jasnake will you keep us update with V4 release.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:46 AM   #340
Rookie

OVR: 6

I have been saying that for a few days now JaSnake. There is a serious problem with sim results. I think it may have to do with sliders too, because I know the Injury Frequency slider affects simmed games, so maybe stamina sliders do too? RAZR has stated that he doesn't care about simmed stats but clearly a lot of us do and it's sort of unfair to cater the entire roster to people who only play quick games and don't want a realistic franchise.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:47 AM   #341
Pro

tbbucsfan001's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16

How long is the delay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #342
Rookie

Phillies2010's Arena

OVR: 11

I hope all of this can be fixed soon, I am really excited to start my franchise with these awesome rosters
Please keep us updated Ja
Old 06-23-2010, 12:14 PM   #343
Rookie

OVR: 4

I say to release it now because as you stated, the majority is fine with the stamina ratings as is. It's great that you guys are willing to work on it and tweak it afterwards, but since most of us here have had no issues with the stamina ratings, I think the roster set should be released.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #344
Atlanta Black Sox

xNobleEaglex's Arena

OVR: 9

Yeah I definitely think the best way to go about it is release v4 as is with the stamina formula because it seems it works well for people who play every game (like me ). Then a v4.1 for the people that sim more often with Bahnzo's roster tool staminas.

PSN: xNobleEaglex

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »