Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-22-2010, 08:20 PM   #313
Pro

tbbucsfan001's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdDegree5803
RAZR & pope300...how do the pitch edits in this set differ from '09? are they? I didn't feel like they made an impact on sim results last year but they definitely seem to make one this year...I can't say for sure since I have not simmed a season with v2 nor compared them to last year's game yet so i will let you guys know...just get a feel from looking over things that the pitch break was upped for almost every pitcher & that these might have been given out at random rather than try to use SCEA's system (using their control & break ratings - just making the pitch different)...I did this last year with some pitchers I edited...I am looking over JaSnake's edits and have simmed a year and just shocked at some of the numbers I am getting......Drew Stubbs was hitting .295 with 18 HR on june 20th of one season...as much as I would love to see this in real life as a Reds fan I'm just a little befuzzled...

I do not have the time to look over all these different threads or span this huge thread much so if anybody can chime in please do...

I am thru 4 almost 5 teams in looking over the attribute edits...I'm trying to take my time with this for the benefit of everyone here at OS...HOWEVER, even after JaSnake's edits, I see some weird stuff w/ simming a season...I play this game for the realism so the fact that this stuff is showing up bothers me......I did take Banzho's set and added Stamina edits as well and I see some things that bother me when looking at the stamina edits made on v3...why is volquez a 54? why would beckett be a 96? yeah he had those complete games last year and has been hurt this year but with volquez im not sure...I like them for the most part but I would've liked them a tad bit more if they were at least a tad bit based off of the current season (aka beckett or buchholz)...

alright heading back to the roster edits will check in later
RAZR has already stated that he could care less about simmed stats.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:51 PM   #314
Atlanta Black Sox

xNobleEaglex's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
RAZR & pope300...how do the pitch edits in this set differ from '09? are they? I didn't feel like they made an impact on sim results last year but they definitely seem to make one this year...I can't say for sure since I have not simmed a season with v2 nor compared them to last year's game yet so i will let you guys know...just get a feel from looking over things that the pitch break was upped for almost every pitcher & that these might have been given out at random rather than try to use SCEA's system (using their control & break ratings - just making the pitch different)...I did this last year with some pitchers I edited...I am looking over JaSnake's edits and have simmed a year and just shocked at some of the numbers I am getting......Drew Stubbs was hitting .295 with 18 HR on june 20th of one season...as much as I would love to see this in real life as a Reds fan I'm just a little befuzzled...

I do not have the time to look over all these different threads or span this huge thread much so if anybody can chime in please do...

I am thru 4 almost 5 teams in looking over the attribute edits...I'm trying to take my time with this for the benefit of everyone here at OS...HOWEVER, even after JaSnake's edits, I see some weird stuff w/ simming a season...I play this game for the realism so the fact that this stuff is showing up bothers me......I did take Banzho's set and added Stamina edits as well and I see some things that bother me when looking at the stamina edits made on v3...why is volquez a 54? why would beckett be a 96? yeah he had those complete games last year and has been hurt this year but with volquez im not sure...I like them for the most part but I would've liked them a tad bit more if they were at least a tad bit based off of the current season (aka beckett or buchholz)...

alright heading back to the roster edits will check in later
Stamina edits were based off a formula we used from Rod_Carew based on innings pitched per start with bonuses added for each complete game a player pitched (stats compiled from last season). Please don't touch these. Razr said if we decide to change them (I'm personally not having any issues with them and am getting realistic results with my own personal sliders which are similar to Razrs suggestions and CHD's slider set), then we'll do a complete overhaul to Bahnzo's tool staminas.

Overall the set should be totally different from last year. Breaks were not all increased. For the break ratings I did them based on the countless hours of video I watched and scouting reports, and also used Bahnzo's roster tool as a guideline. Control ratings were based on strike percentage/scouting reports, and I would imagine most of these were lower than SCEA stock ratings. IMO the pitch control ratings are what may be lowering pitcher performance for some users since batters aren't adjusted to accommodate that in V3, whereas the V4 edits should balance things out because Bahnzo's roster tool decreases ratings slightly from my observation.

PSN: xNobleEaglex
Old 06-22-2010, 09:08 PM   #315
Rookie

Who_Dey_91's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
RAZR & pope300...I am looking over JaSnake's edits and have simmed a year and just shocked at some of the numbers I am getting......Drew Stubbs was hitting .295 with 18 HR on june 20th of one season...as much as I would love to see this in real life as a Reds fan I'm just a little befuzzled...

......I did take Banzho's set and added Stamina edits as well and I see some things that bother me when looking at the stamina edits made on v3...why is volquez a 54? why would beckett be a 96? yeah he had those complete games last year and has been hurt this year but with volquez im not sure...I like them for the most part but I would've liked them a tad bit more if they were at least a tad bit based off of the current season (aka beckett or buchholz)...
I've played with Volquez during a chise and the 54 works fine with him. he still goes at least 6 innings strong, so thats not a problem. And with stubbs hitting a lot better than in real life isn't a big deal. The numbers won't and shouldn't be the exact same as in real life. For all we know. Stubbs could come out next year and produce numbers like that. he has the capability to, he just hasn't reached a level like that yet. Your always gonna have people who have bust out years and people who are horrible compared to their real life numbers, no matter how you edit them. It's ok if a few players are different. It would make sense to make changes if every batter was hitting .400, but if one person is a high, then so what. Stubbs is having a break out year on your season. So unless every player is a problem, there shouldn't be a need to make edits to very well done and thought out edits by the others working on this roster.

Plus, I remember Razr saying that he didn't want the pitchers edited and that he didn't care for simmed results. He wanted the games when you play them to be realistic, which from playing v3, it is very realistic.

Last edited by Who_Dey_91; 06-22-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 09:16 PM   #316
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pope300hitter05
Stamina edits were based off a formula we used from Rod_Carew based on innings pitched per start with bonuses added for each complete game a player pitched (stats compiled from last season). Please don't touch these. Razr said if we decide to change them (I'm personally not having any issues with them and am getting realistic results with my own personal sliders which are similar to Razrs suggestions and CHD's slider set), then we'll do a complete overhaul to Bahnzo's tool staminas.

Overall the set should be totally different from last year. Breaks were not all increased. For the break ratings I did them based on the countless hours of video I watched and scouting reports, and also used Bahnzo's roster tool as a guideline. Control ratings were based on strike percentage/scouting reports, and I would imagine most of these were lower than SCEA stock ratings. IMO the pitch control ratings are what may be lowering pitcher performance for some users since batters aren't adjusted to accommodate that in V3, whereas the V4 edits should balance things out because Bahnzo's roster tool decreases ratings slightly from my observation.
Guys, I have PMd Razr and as we discussed, after release I will take the set and adjust stamina to Bahnzo's tools ratings, a V4.1 so to speak. This way its the best of both worlds for anyone that would want a different stamina rating league wide.

There will be some misnomer players from season to season thats the great thing about this game, the hope is to weed the "frequent offenders" out like Damon hitting 35 homers, stealing 40 and winning the MVP. Thats what TD is trying to weed out guys who in repeated seasons keep putting out insane numbers. TD, Stubbs though a SCEA player, is stock, very limited ABs last season and the DB gave bad numbers so I left him be.

Another year, and here we go again.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #317
#1 conrhusker fan

huskerfan4life's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
Guys, I have PMd Razr and as we discussed, after release I will take the set and adjust stamina to Bahnzo's tools ratings, a V4.1 so to speak. This way its the best of both worlds for anyone that would want a different stamina rating league wide.

There will be some misnomer players from season to season thats the great thing about this game, the hope is to weed the "frequent offenders" out like Damon hitting 35 homers, stealing 40 and winning the MVP. Thats what TD is trying to weed out guys who in repeated seasons keep putting out insane numbers. TD, Stubbs though a SCEA player, is stock, very limited ABs last season and the DB gave bad numbers so I left him be.
that great so are is v4 out yet cause I don't see it on sports connect, or am i missing it?

Follow Me On Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbadjz
Old 06-22-2010, 09:33 PM   #318
Rookie

Who_Dey_91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan4life
that great so are is v4 out yet cause I don't see it on sports connect, or am i missing it?
I'm guessing it's not released because Jasnake said that after it IS released he will work on it. He didn't say after it WAS released. so i'm guessing not. can't wait till it is though. ready to start a new chise.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #319
Rookie

Who_Dey_91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_Dey_91
I'm guessing it's not released because Jasnake said that after it IS released he will work on it. He didn't say after it WAS released. so i'm guessing not. can't wait till it is though. ready to start a new chise.
k scratch that. srry thought i saw IS. guess not. i dont think they're released though.+
Old 06-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #320
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_Dey_91
k scratch that. srry thought i saw IS. guess not. i dont think they're released though.+
Sorry guys it's not yet. TD is still working on it as he stated before. When it's up, everyone will know.

Another year, and here we go again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »