Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-22-2010, 10:40 AM   #289
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

They've said sometime today.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:57 PM   #290
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavhokie017899
Yes, it is Knight's final Opening Day rosters with strut's updated stances/motions. Awesome set... Getting ready to start my franchise with 30-team control on Monday when I get off work...
Thanks. One last question. I typically play Season mode rather than Franchise because I can't be bothered with all the contracts, budgets, etc.

Is there a way to avoid the rosters getting messed up after spring training in Season mode. I know that someone created a franchise file to solve this issue in Franchise mode. What are my options for Season mode?

Thanks in advance...
Old 06-22-2010, 01:09 PM   #291
Rookie

OVR: 6

Hey guys, I just want to preface this by saying that I am not going to try to hijack this thread or anything, I just wanted to bring to your attention (specifically the roster makers) that the simmed results for pitchers with v3 are not close to real life numbers for pitchers in MLB right now. I was wondering if this could be discussed? I know that you guys are editing ratings so that they sim out realistically over a season, but with v3, the pitcher numbers got a little warped. I have my evidence in this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...iscussion.html

Again, I AM NOT TRYING TO DIS RAZR OR ANYONE ELSE. I appreciate the work greatly and really think an amazing effort was put in to provide us with the most realistic experience. You guys did a great job, but unfortunately, for some wacky reason, the numbers aren't matching up. Starting pitchers are consistently worse in my simmed results than their stats in the real world. I just thought I should try to bring attention to this. If you want to keep this out of this thread I understand and I apologize, I was just looking out for all of us stat guys.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 01:22 PM   #292
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
Hey guys, I just want to preface this by saying that I am not going to try to hijack this thread or anything, I just wanted to bring to your attention (specifically the roster makers) that the simmed results for pitchers with v3 are not close to real life numbers for pitchers in MLB right now. I was wondering if this could be discussed? I know that you guys are editing ratings so that they sim out realistically over a season, but with v3, the pitcher numbers got a little warped. I have my evidence in this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...iscussion.html

Again, I AM NOT TRYING TO DIS RAZR OR ANYONE ELSE. I appreciate the work greatly and really think an amazing effort was put in to provide us with the most realistic experience. You guys did a great job, but unfortunately, for some wacky reason, the numbers aren't matching up. Starting pitchers are consistently worse in my simmed results than their stats in the real world. I just thought I should try to bring attention to this. If you want to keep this out of this thread I understand and I apologize, I was just looking out for all of us stat guys.
What are you trying to accomplish here? I have told you what I'm going for and I have said that the ratings are not going to change. You have already stated what you think is a problem and I have already said that it is not going to fix. If you want something done do it yourself and start your own thread for it.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #293
Rookie

Well I am bringing it to the attention of everyone else here who is more skilled with editing and adjusting rosters than myself. I do not expect you to do everything yourself or anything like that, and I appreciate all the stuff you guys did. But, I figure someone who is looking at ratings like JaSnake or whoever would be interested to hear this. If not, that's cool, I'll look into it on my own. I was just pointing it out.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #294
Pro

caseyj622's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790

Wow... How many times did he tell you? He doesn't care about simmed results. Instead of wasting all this time complaining, why don't you make the edits yourself. These guys put a ton of time into these rosters and they do the best job they can. You are lucky to even have such a roster for free.

If you are so worried about it, why don't you go download the crappy SCEA default rosters with a bunch of fake players and spend countless days/weeks/months editing all the stuff yourself year after year for every edition of the show. And then....if you actually do a good enough job to build a reputation of making legitimate rosters, people may appreciate your work. Then let us know how it feels when you finally finish all your hard work and you come post them on here only to be ripped on about "simulated stats" and a bunch of other crap by lazy people who can't spend a couple hours going through and editing the ratings themselves.

I really didn't wanna rip into you, but I am tired seeing all the hard work these guys put in, and then seeing people complain over and over about easy fixes. DO IT YOURSELF.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #295
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

Guys I don't think he meant any harm or offense to anyone at all with that post. I think he's just looking for more possible feedback from anyone else outside of RAZR's 'circle' or anyone else who may have experienced it... he should have probably started his own thread but let's not jump on anyone's back here. We all appreciate the work every one has done and are all equally as grateful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2010, 01:58 PM   #296
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlanta
Guys I don't think he meant any harm or offense to anyone at all with that post. I think he's just looking for more possible feedback from anyone else outside of RAZR's 'circle' or anyone else who may have experienced it... he should have probably started his own thread but let's not jump on anyone's back here. We all appreciate the work every one has done and are all equally as grateful.
Thank you. I thought I expressed clearly enough that I am grateful and appreciate the work everyone put in. But I know there are stat junkies and simmers who want realistic stats in a season. That's one of the biggest complaints I see about games, is that the stats for players are unrealistic when simmed. I obviously don't expect RAZR or Knight or anyone to get everything perfect in one try.

I was just pointing out some flaws I noticed in an effort to help the guys out if they are striving for a perfect simmed season (and I guarantee you some of them are). There's nothing wrong with not caring about it and I respect RAZR's position on the matter. I was just trying to bring the issue to people's minds and see if anyone had any input or thought on it. I'll sim some more when v4 comes out and mess around and see if I find a fix. Maybe they have a fix already. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade or turn this into a negative discussion, just trying to make sure we get the most realistic game possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »