Home

Backbreaker Review

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Review within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #241
Rookie

Favre4435's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Backbreaker Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by walliworld
I think Backbreaker is being confused as trying to be a SIM game which it is not, it is an Arcade game... a good Arcade game though
Just don't compare it to Blitz! We'll get 25 more pages!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #242
Rookie

smlmeyer's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by walliworld
I think Backbreaker is being confused as trying to be a SIM game which it is not, it is an Arcade game... a good Arcade game though
They went over and over about how it's, "REAL FOOTBALL! IT'S SO REAL!" and since when is REAL FOOTBALL translate to AN ARCADE GAME? Never.

Now, I won't defend the person who wrote the review. He obviously had his personal opinion about the game and felt very strongly. I respect that a lot, but when publishing a review to a site like this I wouldn't expect you to be able to just all out say the types of things this guy said about even the worst of games. I mean, all it's missing are a bunch of expletives and you have this guy's full-fledged, unedited rant about why it's a bad game.

However, for those who are jumping on the, "just cuz you suck, doesn't make it a bad game" boat - just because you're good, doesn't make it a good game either. You can be good at bad games. I would hope that you wouldn't take the time to GET good at bad games, but really, you could. So that argument holds no weight. He sucked but he's played games before. He knows how they work and how they are supposed to go; he can see a bad one when he plays it, regardless of his skill level.

My take on the game - I won't touch it 'til I hear something definitively good about it from someone who isn't a dejected Madden player, angry because no matter how much he stomped and cried, EA didn't listen and only threw us the best football games to date. Even with glaring flaws, are they not the best football titles available? NHL 10 has plenty of glaring flaws, it's still the best hockey game made to date...til NHL 11 comes out. Just like NCAA and Madden will come out and top last year's efforts. As a core game, maybe you could go back and say that you like Madden with the Owner mode better because Franchise was deeper. That's a valid point and very valid argument. Something that isn't valid, though, is saying Backbreaker is "REAL football" and that's why it's better because Madden isn't. I don't know, by my estimates if somebody loves sports games and Backbreaker came out and made a game even 75% as real, authentic, and true to the game as what they SAID it was gonna be - it would be at east 7-8/10 around the board. Yet, even seasoned video game players and reviewers are panning it. They praise some of the things it does, and that's great. Hopefully it helps bring us to a football gaming revolution where we can sit around a fire and sing songs and then go play the greatest football game ever made. Meanwhile, as long as the competitors who say they are Madden killers are shoveling out bland games that barely manage to stand up, I will continue to play Madden despite it's small flaws that still pale in comparison to Backbreaker's and hope that EA Tiburon catches the progressive bug that EA Canada has and start into making said greatest football game ever.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:32 PM   #243
Rookie

OVR: 1
I really think the developers made a very good attempt at making a game that would rival Madden and NCAA. I think the real problem with this game is the fact Madden and NCAA have been out so long we have nothing else to compare to them. 2K was the last football game that rivaled Madden (many thought it was a much better game) The game is DIFFERENT. Is it bad or good is only determined by the people who buy it. I think if this game had come out in the 90s like Madden this would be an awesome game. After 20+ years Madden has a huge head start. Turn the tables on these two franchises. If Madden came out now we probably would not like it either.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:48 PM   #244
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Backbreaker's problem isnt with comparisons to Madden/NCAA, it's comparisons to football in general.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:06 PM   #245
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Backbreaker's problem isnt with comparisons to Madden/NCAA, it's comparisons to football in general.
nope
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 09:54 PM   #246
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
nope
Very concise and compelling argument, thanks for your contribution.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:19 PM   #247
Rookie

Backbreaker is real
Old 06-16-2010, 11:32 PM   #248
Rookie

Every mistake I have made in the game is my fault not the games I am learning quickly that you can't throw into double coverage like you can in madden and the passing game should be hard there is a reason why the QB position is the hardest position to play. I think most of all the problems with the gameplay are not unrealistic problems for real players in football like for example getting hit in the back by defensive-men when you are a QB that happens a lot Backbreaker was just made as a real football game. I will be looking for NFL BACKBREAKER 20??. If you don't like Backbreaker then just go play Madden because you would probably get destroyed in a real football game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »