Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #153
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcabc
Observation about clutch ratings for a few pitchers after taking a quick look.

NYY Vasquez: 65. Pettitte is less than him, at 62? btw, Pettitte's SCEA clutch rating was higher than 62, don't remember perhaps much higher... but I don't think it should be set lower than Vasquez. So is Hughes, also at 62 right now btw.

Here's a stamina/clutch breakdown of a few pitchers that looked odd imho.
(i wrote the stamina's the other day, not asking about staminas today)

vasquez 93/65
pettitte 71/62
hughes 61/62
wakefield (for comparision boston) 82/61

most interesting to me is Hughes having low stamina, and clutch matching Pettitte, and vasquez and wakefield having the high stamina, and vasquez' clutch, being over everyone else.

I guess clutch is so subjective, and so can stamina be... but i'd hate to browse around more team rosters and look at more pitcher attributes phew.

when you guys do the pitcher attributes do you have a spreadsheet w/ clutch/stamina columns and sort the whole AL / NL and then eyeball from top to bottom, and make adjustments within all pitchers in the AL and then all within the NL?
I haven't edited clutch.

Well here's what pretty much goes down. First, a good while before Knight even starts making the full minors base file we hit up scouting mags, websites etc and make a database with player names, stamina ratings, pitch types, speeds, and notes about break for pitches. The spreadsheet is divided into each division and all teams in the division in order. So we just start entering data from the spreadsheet, types speed, etc. We don't have any concrete break or control numbers on the spreadsheet and those are mostly improved based on stats and descriptions of the pitch. Hope that answers your question
Old 06-15-2010, 09:54 PM   #154
Rookie

camel's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfg27
Does anyone knows who (sp) patrick hager of the nationals is he a real prospect or a fake.He in single A any answer would help.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...ing-explained/
Romans 10:13
Old 06-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #155
Pro

OVR: 4

I was checking this forum, and I'm just wondering what's the ETA on V.4, and it will have re-rates of all players, correct? I'm really waiting on that, it's hard to play with the Braves and still have Chipper as the best player on my team.

So, no rush, just wondering if it's going to be in like the next week or several weeks, if it's going to be soon, I'll wait, if not I'll probably just do the edits myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2010, 10:55 PM   #156
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
I was checking this forum, and I'm just wondering what's the ETA on V.4, and it will have re-rates of all players, correct? I'm really waiting on that, it's hard to play with the Braves and still have Chipper as the best player on my team.

So, no rush, just wondering if it's going to be in like the next week or several weeks, if it's going to be soon, I'll wait, if not I'll probably just do the edits myself.
You probably won't get a firm date but from the looks of it, optimistically late Friday.

STANCE GUIDE
http://bit.ly/HtkpmT
MOTION GUIDE
http://bit.ly/IqkdGh
Old 06-15-2010, 11:07 PM   #157
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlanta
Just providing some minor input on the pitch edits:

Javier Vazquez (NYY) has a running fastball, and it really does run the way it's supposed to in the game.
Craig Kimbrel (ATL) also has a running fastball.
Jair Jurrjens (ATL) has a straight 4 seam fastball and uses his 2 seamer separate than his straight, over the top heater.
Jonny Venters (ATL) is known for his 2-seam fastball which he uses often.

Also... I'm wondering if there's anyway I can make these edits myself. I know I can actually do it, but what do you guys base the ratings off of? Can anyone tell me what RAZR bases em off? Thanks.
Can anyone help me with this?
Old 06-15-2010, 11:49 PM   #158
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlanta
Can anyone help me with this?
Last year he used 60ft6in, his own vast knowledge, and I believe bahnzo's tool. Maybe a couple other resources and scouting reports. He's about as accurate as knight with his work. Meaning (99.99% accurate)

If you post some PitchFX charts for some off these guys it might help prove your point.

STANCE GUIDE
http://bit.ly/HtkpmT
MOTION GUIDE
http://bit.ly/IqkdGh
Old 06-16-2010, 01:28 AM   #159
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigsbaseballfan
will roster transactions be updated?, dont want to make room for a "dewayne wise type" by releasing a "mike stanton type prospect", eg. trying to move winn off yanks to cards, dont know who to get rid of, went to their site , still no idea.
In v.2 & v.3w/pitch edits, I offered Angels Wynn for Matsui and they took the
deal both times. v.3 took a couple of days though.

If that's what you mean about getting rid of Wynn.

bob
Old 06-16-2010, 05:53 AM   #160
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

Update: NL is done moving onto the AL only the O's I was able to get in. For those asking on an ETA. I would say end of weekend probably. Even after entry the roster still has to go round a few as stated before.

Another year, and here we go again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »