Home

Backbreaker Review

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Review within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #233

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicknam6
Great post man, you nailed it.
LOL, most previously banned users change more in their new username then just a number at the end.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:19 PM   #234
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: B

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
LOL, most previously banned users change more in their new username then just a number at the end.
LOL! so ever true.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #235
Rookie

Favre4435's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Backbreaker Review

Why do so many of you just say it's because the reviewer sucks at the game? Maybe the game is so unenjoyable that he doesn't want to put in the time to learn how to play it. Why take it so personally? Does it change the enjoyment level you get when you play BB? Nope. It's like saying someone sucks at playing the guitar but said person has no desire to ever learn how to play the guitar because they don't like it. The fact that this thread has become so long and has so many nonsensical responses FROM BOTH SIDES makes me sad to be a football gamer.

Edit: 5 out of 10 game is still just a 5 out of 10 game regardless of the awesome physics and tackle animations. Also, what may or may not be fixed via patch or future releases of BB also should not change the 5/10 score AT ALL.

Last edited by Favre4435; 06-12-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #236
MVP

OVR: 55

I agree with the review. I like football a lot, but I couldn't bring myself to buy this game. Hopefully they sell enough copies to bring about a sequel. The fact that the engine has massive potential doesn't mean I'll buy the game if it isn't actually very fun for me to play.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 06-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #237
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4435
Why do so many of you just say it's because the reviewer sucks at the game? Maybe the game is so unenjoyable that he doesn't want to put in the time to learn how to play it. Why take it so personally? Does it change the enjoyment level you get when you play BB? Nope. It's like saying someone sucks at playing the guitar but said person has no desire to ever learn how to play the guitar because they don't like it. The fact that this thread has become so long and has so many nonsensical responses FROM BOTH SIDES makes me sad to be a football gamer.

Edit: 5 out of 10 game is still just a 5 out of 10 game regardless of the awesome physics and tackle animations. Also, what may or may not be fixed via patch or future releases of BB also should not change the 5/10 score AT ALL.
Who said anything about changing our enjoyment? It's a bad review. It's like someone playing Gran Turismo 4 and not being able to pass all of the license tests, so they give the game a bad review and complain about not being able win any races, while also failing to mention the number of cars available or the fact that the game had no car damage.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:19 PM   #238
Rookie

Favre4435's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
Who said anything about changing our enjoyment? It's a bad review. It's like someone playing Gran Turismo 4 and not being able to pass all of the license tests, so they give the game a bad review and complain about not being able win any races, while also failing to mention the number of cars available or the fact that the game had no car damage.
Except you forgot the minor details that GT4 is a critically acclaimed game which works very well as a driving simulation.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:51 AM   #239
Rookie

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasthour
The reviewer sounds like like he has not learned to play BB. From his comments, he sounds like he thought he should be able to pick up the game and play it like the other game. Mistake.

In a sense, this game is Rainbox Six: Vegas and the other game is Halo 3 in god view.
These are just really two very different games. Changing the view in BB would completely change the category/genre of the game. It would then just be Madden with great physics and less plays. Right now every position has it's advantages and disadvantages of play because of this viewpoint.

I wonder if any of the OS guys who have a grip on the the gameplay of BB can maybe upload a complete game on OS and YouTube so that maybe the others can see what they are doing wrong. Or maybe just a half game.

Also before someone chimes in with another it's an OPIONION theory, do you use that that to make yourself feel better about a BAD CHOICE? I'm just asking. I don't think I understand the point of those comments. Just sounds like you're saying opinions can't be wrong or something. Peace out.
I understand where you are coming from in this post, but I think comparatively speaking, Halo 3 and R6V2 are much closer quality wise.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #240
Rookie

OVR: 5
I think Backbreaker is being confused as trying to be a SIM game which it is not, it is an Arcade game... a good Arcade game though

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »