Home

Backbreaker Review

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Review within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #217
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Backbreaker Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I just read this review. I wasn't going to post this, but then I read the comments. The review has extremely poor analysis, lacks details of the game, and contains a ton of filler. This review doesn't live up to the quality of reviews we expect from OS. It needs to be removed, and someone else needs to review the game.
I'm glad someone like Valdarez said this... this dude has been a huge part of the OS Madden community and I know from reading his posts that he's played the crap out of that game (while at the same time providing numerous posts with ways to continually improve madden). He is far from a BB fanboy

and his opinion is exactly how I feel... If you want to give BB a bad score, fine. If you want to give it a good score, whatever. However, this review of BB was so far below the standard that OS has set (and we as members have come to expect) that frankly it is embarrassing. It doesn't matter if you dont give a crap about reviews, or if you base your buying decision on reviews (or you fall anywhere in between)... This review does a disservice to Operation Sports and every member of the OS community (especially those who spend their hard earned time on the forums to make the game more enjoyable for others, or their hard earned cash to support OS)

and that is my issue w/ it
Old 06-12-2010, 12:27 AM   #218
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I just read this review. I wasn't going to post this, but then I read the comments. The review has extremely poor analysis, lacks details of the game, and contains a ton of filler. This review doesn't live up to the quality of reviews we expect from OS. It needs to be removed, and someone else needs to review the game.
Would you have said the same thing if the review lacked details of the game, contained a ton of filler, and gave the game a 9 out of 10?
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:12 AM   #219
Rookie

OVR: 0
This game is just plain aweful. Reviewer had it right.
Old 06-12-2010, 01:22 AM   #220
Banned

OVR: 0
Dustin Toms is a troll.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:25 AM   #221
Rookie

OVR: 7
I agree 100% with this review. The game stinks. BAD! What were the developers thinking with that HORRIBLE camera view? Lame. Lame. Lame game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2010, 02:41 AM   #222
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofdman
I agree 100% with this review. The game stinks. BAD! What were the developers thinking with that HORRIBLE camera view? Lame. Lame. Lame game.
I love the camera view....you really feel like you are down there....I really do hope the devs don't change anything regarding the view, just because some want to turn this game into their Madden/2K alternate game.....

I'm sure we will see another football game that will use Euphoria..but will have a Sky cam and face bottoms for passing it to receivers...and then everyone who complains about this game can feel right at home...

where as again I like this view....I also liked playing in 1st mode on 2K5.....I like the challenge of playing other gamers in this view.....

I know some want options...but that is just not how the devs want to go about it right now...again just wait for another football game, you don't have to bash the game just because you are not getting what you want....camera view wise.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:48 AM   #223
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
I love the camera view....you really feel like you are down there....I really do hope the devs don't change anything regarding the view, just because some want to turn this game into their Madden/2K alternate game.....

I'm sure we will see another football game that will use Euphoria..but will have a Sky cam and face bottoms for passing it to receivers...and then everyone who complains about this game can feel right at home...

where as again I like this view....I also liked playing in 1st mode on 2K5.....I like the challenge of playing other gamers in this view.....

I know some want options...but that is just not how the devs want to go about it right now...again just wait for another football game, you don't have to bash the game just because you are not getting what you want....camera view wise.
The camera is such an integral part of the game and one's ability to enjoy it that he has every right to bash the camera if he doesn't like it. It was stupid of the devs not to include options. It's probably cost them sales. Just like people can bitch about what's not in Franchise in Madden, people can bitch about what's not in Backbreaker, and there being no other camera option is a huge omission.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 06-12-2010, 05:51 AM   #224
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
The camera is such an integral part of the game and one's ability to enjoy it that he has every right to bash the camera if he doesn't like it. It was stupid of the devs not to include options. It's probably cost them sales. Just like people can bitch about what's not in Franchise in Madden, people can bitch about what's not in Backbreaker, and there being no other camera option is a huge omission.
How many camera options does Madden and NCAA have again ?

I do agree, they should have had some camera options in BB though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »