Home

Backbreaker Review

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Review within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #209
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Backbreaker Review

So who actually wrote this review? Was it Chris? or someone else form OS?

Whoever it was should at least post here where they were coming from when writing that review.

If nothing else, it will stop all the speculation and wild accusations of the motivation behind this review.

I would really like to know what they think of all the negative feedback from their review, and if their stance may have changed as a result of some of the comments being posted about the time spent actually playing the game.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #210
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Why would their stance on a game change because people disagreed with them? Only in the world of the Backbreaker fan does cornering a reviewer about their negative review result in the revelation for all that the game is actually better than the dozens of reviewers and posters in the impression thread have indicated.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:36 PM   #211
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

Some people here are saying that the reviewer did not play the game long enough to get past the initial learning curve.

The reviewer may then take this into account , and go back and re-review the game based on these comments.

Either way, I'd like to see a reply from Chris or whoever wrote the review.
I'd like to hear their response to all the negative feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #212
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
Some people here are saying that the reviewer did not play the game long enough to get past the initial learning curve.

The reviewer may then take this into account , and go back and re-review the game based on these comments.

Either way, I'd like to see a reply from Chris or whoever wrote the review.
I'd like to hear their response to all the negative feedback.
This will never happen. Only in the universe of internet obsessions would any of that make sense. Negative feedback? I want the "concept" of this game to succeed. I hate Backbreaker in its current incarnation. I do not want this particular game to be an alternative. I'd rather have it fail and some company with any greater concept on how to craft a viable game to do so. Basically, I'd rather stand alone in the corner at the dance than choose between two ugly chicks.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #213
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
I just read this review. I wasn't going to post this, but then I read the comments. The review has extremely poor analysis, lacks details of the game, and contains a ton of filler. This review doesn't live up to the quality of reviews we expect from OS. It needs to be removed, and someone else needs to review the game.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #214
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I just read this review. I wasn't going to post this, but then I read the comments. The review has extremely poor analysis, lacks details of the game, and contains a ton of filler. This review doesn't live up to the quality of reviews we expect from OS. It needs to be removed, and someone else needs to review the game.
Agreed
Old 06-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #215
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Journalistically, there can't be a retraction; the best you'll get is a "second opinion". If the game takes off or the patch fixes everything, the likelihood of that happening gets greater, but don't count on it. As an aside, not sure why anyone on OS cares anyway, many of us are well within their minds to formulate their own opinion. People who go to OS for reviews seem more to be of the "Ha, that in/validates my own opinion!" rather than the "looks good but...." type.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #216
Rookie

OVR: 0

The reason people voted BB a 10 is because they are excited. They have every right to be. 505 Games and NM has introduced us to a new and exciting football game with an amazing amount of promise. WOW!! BB is getting a lot of attention....very very nice. Keep spreading the word!

I gave BB a 8.

As we all know and can agree on, there's a lot of issues with this game. I mean A LOT! What we're

gonna do is put all of those issues in a box. Then write on the side of the box, "Things the good

ol patch Doctor can fix." Forget about those things for now and focus on things that can not be

patched.

Balls.

EA has been making their version of football for over twenty years. For whatever reason, Maddenis King of video game football. With that being said, you must have a great set to have the nerve to compete against them. For me that speaks volumes and NM deserves way more respect then what we've been giving them.

Concept.

Concept is a very important aspect of a game. Concept can't be patched. If you have bad concept, you have to wait until next time. This is where BB shines.

Backbreaker sports a very very exciting and unique way of playing football. It's very different from Madden, 2K, or any other football game you've ever played. There is a steep learning curve. But with an open mind and some patience, you'll be OK.

The game is played in a total 3D third person view (over the shoulder at the QB). It's kinda hard to explain...just one of those things that you have experience for yourself. Once you get the hang of playing, it's CRAZY MAD fun!!

Game play.

Backbreaker's game play is second to none!!! This is the BEST football gaming experience EVER!!!!!! EVER!!!!!! SO MUCH FUN!!!!!

Imagine your at the LOS calling the plays. You're scanning the field checking out the defense. You make your 1st read and then 2nd and 3rd reads. Snap the ball, drop back in the pocket....you check read 1 and it's cover. Then you see read 2 open and you turn and hit em for a 12 yard game. That's how the game feels when your playing it. It feels like your in the middle of the action.

Running the ball is completely sick!!! It really feels like your in the back field following your blockers.

Defense?? CRAZINESS!!!! It's a rewarding feeling to user on defense in BB. It really feels like you're shooting the edge or A Gap. Getting a user pick is awesome too. Especially if you controlled the player the entire time without switching. Big hits and QB sacks...it's just CRAZINESS!!!!

BB is definitely a MUST to play. Play and get over the learning curve, and I promise you'll have an amazing time!

Thanks for reading.

Domo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »