Home

Backbreaker Review

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Review within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 1
No mention at all of the animations?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 03:52 PM   #186
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Backbreaker Review

Wow, that was an atrocious review. And thus does OS's sports reviews spiral ever closer to IGN's sports games reviews. The game "failed to live up to the hype"? Who was hyping an unlicensed game other than users that wanted an alternative to what was currently available in Madden and NCAA? And that's ALL the game could be - an alternative. Yet the review is written by someone seemingly expecting the game to play like NCAA or Madden, of course without the many benefits those two games enjoy. It touches on none of the game's positive aspects - surprisingly other than customization, which I guess was important for the reviewer so he could remake the NFL or NCAA. IT'S NOT THE BACKBREAKER DEVS FAULT BB CAN'T BE AN NFL OR NCAA GAME - yet reviewers seem intent on holding that against the game.

Still shaking my head at the "fails to live up to the hype" lol

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 06-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #187
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
This game is a big poop sammich wrapped in a 360 box... Charles Barkley would say "It's turable Kinney" ... This game is a disgrace to football everywhere. While Madden and NCAA are far from perfect they are still way better than this.... 5/10 is extremely too high for this game
Old 06-10-2010, 05:29 PM   #188
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
This is why reviews are nothing more than the persons opinion on a game. You have to find out for yourself.

This game is a 7 out of 10 easy, and the camera on defense allows for you to see everything with no problem. You just have to know all the controls. There is no way the person who reviewed this game knew that or he would have not mentioned it.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #189
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Just got the new 'Game Informer' magazine in the mail and Matt Bertz gave BB a very fair and honest review. He played a whole season and covered the high & low points very accurately and professionally - and his final score was also a 5.

My point is that I think it's not so much the score but how the OS review came across. Sure I'd like to see a 6 but I think even dedicated fans cans agree that 7 would really be a stretch pre-patch.

Also, the GI issue is chocked full of sports info - including an interview with the 2K10 baseball million dollar winner.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #190
Rookie

OVR: 3

From the blog on main page:

Talking about lessons to be learned from BB.....

Lesson #3: Gameplay isn't the factor it used to be. Backbreaker has a new and interesting type of presentation, and a lot of people love the game overall. However, Backbreaker's gameplay is average at best in multiplayer settings -- and absolutely atrocious in single player. I've been saying it for awhile that if a game can nail the presentation aspects, gamers would be enamored with the game. Why do you think NFL 2K5 has such iconic status still in 2010?

I LOL'd hard at this. In my eyes, not a very credible reviewer. Just IMO.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #191
Pro

OVR: 6

Lol another Backbreaker review where it gets bashed just because the guy playing it sucked at it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 07:20 PM   #192
shh
Rookie

OVR: 1
Good review! Gameinformer gave it a 5..Impressive takling don't make a game..Gameinformer had the same complaint's...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »