Home

MLB '10 The Show Game Update 3.1 (v1.12) Details (5-21-10)

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Game Update 3.1 (v1.12) Details (5-21-10) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #233
Pro

magoo1967's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: MLB '10 The Show Game Update 3.1 (v1.12) Details (5-21-10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccutchisclutch
Please takeout the animation where outfielders field the ball, and then put their hands on the wall when they are near it. The animation is so slow it gives the opposing team an extra base everytime. The animation has occured whether I am running adjacent towards the wall, or even if I am 15 feet or so away from the wall. It is completely ridiculous and gives the player a huge disadvantage on any given play. Fix the gameplay for once.
Agreed, this animation is probably the worst in the game IMO and it happens whether it's justified or not (a great majority of the time there's no reason for it). It takes way too long & ALWAYS allows the runners to take an extra base when they shouldn't get one. This has led to way too many false runs for the CPU and ultimately losses for my team. I hope SCEA removes or fixes this animation for MLB 11 because it is very unrealistic.

Last edited by magoo1967; 06-08-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: toned down some of the harsh words I wrote while frustrated
Old 06-09-2010, 06:42 AM   #234
Rookie

OVR: 0
Last patch? Your joking, right? Where to I go for a refund then? I only play the franchise mode and everything was fine until I started the 2013 season in the game. I noticed in the offseason that the likes of Prince Fielder, Pablo Sandoval, Yovanni Gallardo, Derek Jeter, Troy Tulowitzki, Buster Posey, Ubaldo Jimenez just to name a few never got signed by a team. I thought maybe it was a glitch, prayed it was and these guys would get signed after I skipped to the end of spring training. It wasnt. All of these players remained free agents into the season. To try and regain some semblance of a realistic season going forward, I started to sign one player at a time and then trade them to the proper team. Doesnt work. I signed Prince Fielder for whatever the cost was and trading him back to the Brewers was impossible because it put them "over budget.: I thought that odd because the Brewers didnt resign Yovanni Gallardo or Prince Fielder so I looked to see where the money went on their roster. There was not one player with a salary over $10 million. There was not near enough in salaries to justify them going over budget, unless the budget was $30 million. This game has had way too many flaws, patches, and whatever for me to enjoy. Now I read there is no more patches??? I genuinely feel ripped off, and I want $60 plus tax back. I will mail this piece of crap game back, even drive it back if I have to. Russel, I am sure you and everyone at MLB The Show are embarrassed by this game. I know you fixed all the player rating in the beginning, but how that ever got missed is inexcusable. David Wright with a 'D' ranking? I know you fixed it, but that was a major red flag for how this game was going to be, and man is it bad. Where do I get a refund. I will try again next year, but Im renting it first. No trusting you guys again.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:43 AM   #235
Rookie

Last patch? Your joking, right? Where to I go for a refund then? I only play the franchise mode and everything was fine until I started the 2013 season in the game. I noticed in the offseason that the likes of Prince Fielder, Pablo Sandoval, Yovanni Gallardo, Derek Jeter, Troy Tulowitzki, Buster Posey, Ubaldo Jimenez just to name a few never got signed by a team. I thought maybe it was a glitch, prayed it was and these guys would get signed after I skipped to the end of spring training. It wasnt. All of these players remained free agents into the season. To try and regain some semblance of a realistic season going forward, I started to sign one player at a time and then trade them to the proper team. Doesnt work. I signed Prince Fielder for whatever the cost was and trading him back to the Brewers was impossible because it put them "over budget.: I thought that odd because the Brewers didnt resign Yovanni Gallardo or Prince Fielder so I looked to see where the money went on their roster. There was not one player with a salary over $10 million. There was not near enough in salaries to justify them going over budget, unless the budget was $30 million. This game has had way too many flaws, patches, and whatever for me to enjoy. Now I read there is no more patches??? I genuinely feel ripped off, and I want $60 plus tax back. I will mail this piece of crap game back, even drive it back if I have to. Russel, I am sure you and everyone at MLB The Show are embarrassed by this game. I know you fixed all the player rating in the beginning, but how that ever got missed is inexcusable. David Wright with a 'D' ranking? I know you fixed it, but that was a major red flag for how this game was going to be, and man is it bad. Where do I get a refund. I will try again next year, but Im renting it first. No trusting you guys again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #236
Banned

OVR: 12

First of all, you double posted. Secondly, maybe I would've read your entire bitch fest if you broke it up into a couple paragraphs. Man, screw you people who want perfection out of a video game. It isn't gonna happen, so either quit playin' video games or go jump off a roof top.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #237
Rookie

RUKnights's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I hit start to access the bullpen and all the mangerial duties in the game all the time. Not once has the game frozen on me.
Yeah, so far I haven't hit any issues and I only use Start to access my pen.

Quick question on Sounds of the Show.... Post patch it says we should be able to use songs beyond the 255 limit. I had originally only loaded and assigned 255 tracks. If I wanted to add additional songs now, would I be able to add them to what I have, or would that somehow throw off the order and render the already assigned songs a mess? Thanks in advance if anybody knows
Old 06-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #238
Rookie

For the love of all that is holy, can someone help me. I am trying to get an update roster for my PS 2. Is there something I can download from the internet and then transfer to my memory card. And why is this information so hard to get?
Old 06-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #239
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjsonoma01
Last patch? Your joking, right? Where to I go for a refund then? I only play the franchise mode and everything was fine until I started the 2013 season in the game. I noticed in the offseason that the likes of Prince Fielder, Pablo Sandoval, Yovanni Gallardo, Derek Jeter, Troy Tulowitzki, Buster Posey, Ubaldo Jimenez just to name a few never got signed by a team. I thought maybe it was a glitch, prayed it was and these guys would get signed after I skipped to the end of spring training. It wasnt. All of these players remained free agents into the season. To try and regain some semblance of a realistic season going forward, I started to sign one player at a time and then trade them to the proper team. Doesnt work. I signed Prince Fielder for whatever the cost was and trading him back to the Brewers was impossible because it put them "over budget.: I thought that odd because the Brewers didnt resign Yovanni Gallardo or Prince Fielder so I looked to see where the money went on their roster. There was not one player with a salary over $10 million. There was not near enough in salaries to justify them going over budget, unless the budget was $30 million. This game has had way too many flaws, patches, and whatever for me to enjoy. Now I read there is no more patches??? I genuinely feel ripped off, and I want $60 plus tax back. I will mail this piece of crap game back, even drive it back if I have to. Russel, I am sure you and everyone at MLB The Show are embarrassed by this game. I know you fixed all the player rating in the beginning, but how that ever got missed is inexcusable. David Wright with a 'D' ranking? I know you fixed it, but that was a major red flag for how this game was going to be, and man is it bad. Where do I get a refund. I will try again next year, but Im renting it first. No trusting you guys again
Hmm, let me think.....Where you bought it from???
Old 06-11-2010, 05:04 AM   #240
Rookie

CAn they please fix the way players charge at the ball. For example when playing 3b, the ball will b totally missed or go directly under or passed the third baseman, 9 out of ten. Great game in all, but still needs some tweaking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »