Home

Backbreaker Review

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Review within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #177
Banned

OVR: 4
Let's all bash Backbreaker while ignoring Madden's flaws!

After all Madden is the best football game out there! It's perfect!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:02 PM   #178
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: Backbreaker Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
There are some definite frustrating problems with BB.

But the review didn't even TOUCH on the new technology.

I think this game thrives online against good opponents. Just like APF, which to me was maybe the best sports video game ever.

It would just be nice if the reviewer didn't have such a negative attitude towards the game, and if he hated it so much give it less than a 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boooey
what a lame review.. not one mention of the game's biggest feature.. real time physics..
this review is totally armature hour
Is this game suppose to be a football game or a physics project? You can have all the nice physics you want but if it can't get basic football down everything else goes out the window. I get the feeling that the Backbreaker fans expect OS to give it a pass and go gaga over the physics.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #179
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

I think I've figured out how this game is worthy of a 5. You see, because it's automatically being compared to other football games even though they've specifically said they aren't trying to compete.... it loses a point for having no real players or licenses, and it loses a point for not having announcers or a TV-style presentation. So... once you factor in the idea that the absolute perfect score for the game would be an 8, rather than a 10... well... a 5 is ok.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:11 PM   #180
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Going to say this once.

If you are trolling for a response, the best plan of action is to stop now. A few of you are obviously doing that. There won't be a warning next time, just infractions.

Discuss the review, good and bad about it. But there's no need to defend the game at all costs, and at the same time, no need to bash it at all costs. No one wins. If you don't like the game, no need to further post on the BB forums then, correct?

Same goes if you're comparing Madden, no need. Some of you have said that the games aren't technically competing, but then bringing up what score Madden will get. Madden has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.

Thanks for most of you having a very good conversation about the review and game.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 06-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #181
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Is this game suppose to be a football game or a physics project? You can have all the nice physics you want but if it can't get basic football down everything else goes out the window. I get the feeling that the Backbreaker fans expect OS to give it a pass and go gaga over the physics.
Is Madden suppose to be a football game or a 10 year joke project?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #182
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
I think I've figured out how this game is worthy of a 5. You see, because it's automatically being compared to other football games even though they've specifically said they aren't trying to compete.... it loses a point for having no real players or licenses, and it loses a point for not having announcers or a TV-style presentation. So... once you factor in the idea that the absolute perfect score for the game would be an 8, rather than a 10... well... a 5 is ok.
Actually you've got a good point amongst the sarcasm, I think reviews would be much lower if the review mentality of '50 = F/fail' was done away with and games were truly rated 1-10 in the systems that use 100%. Partially why it's easier to rate stuff 1-5 IMO.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #183
Rookie

OVR: 3
Great review, but really why is everybody getting mad at the review?

"I cant believe OS would let this review to be posted" are you serious? this game by itself without the comparisons is just very unrealistic. Its like an "ok" 90's football mixed with some fly graphics and Dominique Sez: THATS A NO NO

Furthermore, im not going to rule out breakbreaker in their future endeavors but there 1st definitely has to be their worst cause they wont stay in business putting out Pre-K material like this
Old 06-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #184
Rookie

OVR: 3

It's a bad review. It barely mention the biggest feature of the game and the reviewer appears to blame the game for his own low skill level. It is also low to go after the game for problems with the online community when many of the games reviewed here have the exact same problem, yet get a pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »