Home

Backbreaker Review

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Review within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-10-2010, 10:17 AM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I got no problem with the review. I would maybe make it a 6 myself. This game has some huge issues that it's followers just don't see as a big deal but many other people do. The could do a lot with this base if they want to though. I thought the review was fair, just a little short.
This
Old 06-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #170
Rookie

Why someone thought that would be a good name for a football game is beyond me. Now if it were a wrestling game it would be a hell of a name.

As for Chris's review. I didn't see anything wrong with it because it his opinion. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it. Just forget about it and go enjoy your game already. Besides, I seriously doubt that many of us at OS buy or pass on a game based on a couple of reviews. I can only truly speak for myself and I base most of my purchases off things like the demo and a couple of OS members who's opinions I value. However, mainly I only trust myself because what someone else loves I may hate and vise versa.

[/quote]
Completely agreed with the madden point. People do not allow any excuses for flaws in madden, such as a lack of realistic equipment options....etc. I rented this game and I have to say it is an unrealistic portrayal of the sport of football. This isn't my type of game in the first place, because I am a fan of authenticity, (i.e. real teams and players) but I could not help but notice the A.I. flaws and clunky elements of the gameplay. Why these elements of the game deserve an excuse is beyond me. I'm not saying people can't have fun with it. I had fun with it sometimes.

Oh, lol the name. I thought that may have been one of the dumbest names possible for a football game. I played football for 7 years and watched football on TV even longer. I have never once witnessed a player's back get broken.

Last edited by tswiatkowski; 06-10-2010 at 10:26 AM. Reason: quote did not show up.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:25 AM   #171
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Great review I figured as much...save feelings I got just from the Demo alone..gameplay kills the fun factor. That camera is just hideous..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #172
Banned

OVR: 20
No complaint with the final score - I think the game is somewhere between a 5 and a 6 - but this is an awfully amateurish review. I agree with others who have said that complaints about user performance issues is laughable, and I completely disagree with calling BB's graphics "nothing special" and "bland," I think they're fantastic.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:59 AM   #173
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Backbreaker Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Great review I figured as much...save feelings I got just from the Demo alone..gameplay kills the fun factor. That camera is just hideous..
It's "Gears of Backbreaker". LOL!
Old 06-10-2010, 11:32 AM   #174
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480

Why someone thought that would be a good name for a football game is beyond me. Now if it were a wrestling game it would be a hell of a name.
From the name, I get the impression that 3 years ago they probably thought they could make the next big Blitz game. Then when they realized they'd have to get the ****** sim gamers to really be successful, they had to go another direction.

Mission somewhat accomplished, they'll probably outsell Blitz: The League II by week 4.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #175
MVP

There are some definite frustrating problems with BB.

But the review didn't even TOUCH on the new technology.

I think this game thrives online against good opponents. Just like APF, which to me was maybe the best sports video game ever.

It would just be nice if the reviewer didn't have such a negative attitude towards the game, and if he hated it so much give it less than a 5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 11:52 AM   #176
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14
what a lame review.. not one mention of the game's biggest feature.. real time physics..
this review is totally armature hour

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »