Home

Backbreaker Review

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Review within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-10-2010, 01:51 AM   #153
Banned

OVR: 47
You nail it with this review. People can think this is a great game and that is fine with me. But I agree 110% with this review. Great job!
Old 06-10-2010, 01:54 AM   #154
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Backbreaker Review

Can't say I agree with a number of the complaints in the review. The CPU offense and too many INT's and sacks I can agree with obviously , but to be honest some of the complaints sounded like the he spent all of 10 minutes with the game before complaining.

I don't understand this complaint about the ball being to hard to follow on defense that I keep on seeing. I honestly have no problem following the ball defense and I think anybody who takes the time to get used the game wouldn't either. I mainly play LB on defense, and I can't even count the number of good plays I have made because I was able to follow the ball and the play rather easily.

And the complaint about cheesing being rampant is flat out wrong based on my experience. I have now played about 30 games online and almost every single one of those the cheese was at a minimum, most people I have played mostly randoms, have not cheesed whatsoever.

I have also never seen a game with 20 turnovers either. Complaining about throwing 10 INTS as the user is not valid to me either. At that point the person just has to take the time to get better at the game.

While I agree with some of the complaints in each review I see, I honestly don't think many reviewers have take enough time to get used to the game, which could have solved a couple common complaints I keep on seeing. Heck, the gametrailers review apparently didn't even take the time to realize there was a pro mode which solved a couple of their complaints, since they only bothered to play it on arcade mode. How that strikes anybody as a fair review is beyond me given that circumstance.

I do find it funny some of the people saying they agree with the reviews 100% in each thread, who I know haven't even played the game based on some of their other posts.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 06-10-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:55 AM   #155
DickDalewood

OVR:

I would think this would be obvious by now, but just to reiterate:

You guys can disagree with this review until you turn blue in the face, that's fine, we all have our opinions, but the TOS still applies; ie personal attacks and bringing up comparisons to the other games WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

Now that we're all on the same page... carry on

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 02:15 AM   #156
MVP

XBox_Roughneck's Arena

OVR: 10

Good review.

I would hate for the guys at 505 to think the customization and physics in this game are all future game supporters want in the title. I spent my $50 cause I want options eventually. Not because I thought this game was better than a 4 on a scale of 1-10.

I've played tons of football games over the years (my favorite being Front Page Sports Football) and it would be unfair of me as a football gaming fan to say this game warrants a review that's better than what Op Sports gave it.

That said, the customization and physics should be in ANY football title. The game is just missing too much of the other stuff right now.

Hoping
1) We see a Backbreaker 2
2) They CHANGE THE DAMN NAME!!!
3) They learn from what's broken in this version.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:20 AM   #157
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

I think it's an honest review from a pure football video game perspective. The game has an awful lot of flaws, but does some things equally just as awesome. It's rare that a game has so many glaring flaws, and yet does other things that are just outstanding.

I have had the game since day 1, and now have the full NFL roster set, and the game has barely left my PS3. After the review, it doesn't make me want to go and take it out of my PS3, because it's just his opinion. I just do not follow the mindset of needing a review to justify my purchase. If Chris gave it a 10 out of 10, and I hated the game, I would have already traded it in.

It's not rocket science......

Enjoy the game, play it. Hate the game, trade it in!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:24 AM   #158
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
don't pretend you have the game man. If you did and started a league a put yourself in the middle of the pack you'd be losing games.
I never said anything about owning the game. I've played the demo and I've played the retail version.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 06-10-2010, 02:36 AM   #159
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
I think it's an honest review from a pure football video game perspective. The game has an awful lot of flaws, but does some things equally just as awesome. It's rare that a game has so many glaring flaws, and yet does other things that are just outstanding.

I have had the game since day 1, and now have the full NFL roster set, and the game has barely left my PS3. After the review, it doesn't make me want to go and take it out of my PS3, because it's just his opinion. I just do not follow the mindset of needing a review to justify my purchase. If Chris gave it a 10 out of 10, and I hated the game, I would have already traded it in.

It's not rocket science......

Enjoy the game, play it. Hate the game, trade it in!!!
But, how exactly is complaining about throwing 10 INTS or so as the user valid? Alot of people who have played the game for a little awhile including myself have actually gotten pretty decent at minimizing INT's. I really don't see how it is valid whatsoever, since that is something the user has the ability to improve on as they get used to the game.

And I really would like to know what the claim of rampant cheese online is based on. How many games did he play online to make that statement? Like I said I have played about 30 games online and that is the opposite of my experience even against most randoms. I just don't see how you can call Backbreaker out for cheese online, when that is rampant in other sports games.

I would only give the game a 6 or 7 myself in it's current state, but I just can't agree every single one of complaints I am seeing in reviews are valid.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 06-10-2010 at 02:47 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:46 AM   #160
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
But, how exactly is complaining about throwing 10 INTS or so as the user valid? Alot of people who have played the game for a little awhile including myself have actually gotten pretty decent at minimizing INT's. I really don't see how it is valid whatsoever, since that is something the user has the ability to improve on as they get used to the game.

And I really would like to know what the claim of rampant cheese online is based. How many games did he play online to make that statement? Like I said I have played about 30 games online and that is the opposite of my experience even against most randoms. I just don't see how you can call Backbreaker out for cheese online, when that is rampant in other sports games as well either.
Well Blue, the great thing is.....you don't have to feel it's valid bro. That's your opinion, and while I agree with a lot of what you say, he just happens to have a differing opinion. I played online, and have experienced no cheese at all. I only play guys from OS though, so that makes a big difference. I also do not throw 10 int's a game either. The last game I played, I threw 3 td's, 2 int's and for 278 yards with Bizarro Phillip Rivers.

I will be honest, when I play this game, I am in no way playing it with a 2K/Madden mindset. I am just playing the game to have fun, and so far this game is fun as hell. I have played at least 2 exh. games a night since I have had it, a couple online games, and ready to start a season tomorrow.

Chris has a venue to express his opinion and his review of the game. I understand that when you accept that, it's going to generate emotion from the reader( both good and bad) I also understand that people who really like the game, feel cheated by the way the game is represented in the review..

But the bottom line Blue, is this........

You don't have to agree with him, and you sure in the hell do not need anyone's permission to enjoy the game.

It's all subjective bro...........all of it!!

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 06-10-2010 at 02:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »