Home

Backbreaker Review

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Review within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-09-2010, 11:48 PM   #145
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: Backbreaker Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsX8
I guess all the reviewers are smoking something. What gets me is if people are enjoying the game despite the deep flaws, then that is all that matters. But it is getting kind of ridiculous with the bickering that some guys don't see any of the issues with the game.

Fair review if you ask me. He pointed out the positives and negatives, and ultimately summed it up to be exactly what it is; a very mediocre game driven by an extremely impressive physics engine.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #146

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygmen92
If Madden 11 for any reasons turns out to be horrible and pretty much worse then Madden 10, will you guys blast it and give it a bad review and post it in the Madden forum???
Uh yeah, maybe because its a review for Madden?

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:50 PM   #147
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

That Gametrailers review is the only review I've got any problems with that I've read/watched, it's clear they only reviewed it in arcade mode. It doesn't really diminish the problems they cite, as they're all still valid issues, but the review is about as shallow as the game itself.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:52 PM   #148
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

I know a game can't be reviewed based on an editor made to fix ratings that end up making the game play much better, but if those that think the games a joke refer to the Backbreaker Rosters section.You'll see that Flying Finn has come through once again with an editor that, if you follow that thread, is really making great strides with major A.I. issues.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:29 AM   #149
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I know a game can't be reviewed based on an editor made to fix ratings that end up making the game play much better, but if those that think the games a joke refer to the Backbreaker Rosters section.You'll see that Flying Finn has come through once again with an editor that, if you follow that thread, is really making great strides with major A.I. issues.
times are great for us football gamers....having football gaming options....then being able to edit an already upstart football game that has a solid foundation......

32 NFL Teams......full names, full rosters, Logos...endzones....

create your own 32 team league...name the league, name the various divisions (NFC West, AFC East, etc)....and play multiple seasons.....

and for 360s owners *for now* (hopefully we figure something out for the PS3 version soon) having their players attributes be very similar to their real life counter parts and editable as the season goes on....and being used online (without having to wait for an official roster update)

and of course True Next Generation Football Physics...that just EMBARRASSES the competition......I mean...lol...just watch the recent trailers.

now they just need to add fatigue and injuries and some other stuff in the next version.....they already have a FINE foundation......future looks bright for football gamers.

review scores and peoples opinions are all fine and dandy...but when you think about it, the people who wrote those reviews have moved on from the game, they don't care anymore...that is their job....to hurry with a review, get bashed, and laugh at the gamers who disagree....where as we are the ones who will still enjoy this game...as well as others who give it a chance. We are the ones who are still constantly reviewing the game as we spend more and more time with it.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:07 AM   #150
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygmen92
K
Its pretty funny and ironic that under his user profile name MMChrisS it says, "Steve says I'm Pitiful" hmm.. now I'm not going to comment on that, but you can imagine what many people here including myself are thinking right about now of this review...

It doesn't really matter what the score the reviewer gave BB that concerns me, its how it was blasted and placed in the BB forum that really is worrisome. Here's a good question and maybe one of the OS members can so kindly give an answer too. If Madden 11 for any reasons turns out to be horrible and pretty much worse then Madden 10, will you guys blast it and give it a bad review and post it in the Madden forum???
All OS reviews of sports titles are posted in their respective forums. This is nothing new or unique to BB.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:10 AM   #151
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
times are great for us football gamers....having football gaming options....then being able to edit an already upstart football game that has a solid foundation......

32 NFL Teams......full names, full rosters, Logos...endzones....

create your own 32 team league...name the league, name the various divisions (NFC West, AFC East, etc)....and play multiple seasons.....

and for 360s owners *for now* (hopefully we figure something out for the PS3 version soon) having their players attributes be very similar to their real life counter parts and editable as the season goes on....and being used online (without having to wait for an official roster update)

and of course True Next Generation Football Physics...that just EMBARRASSES the competition......I mean...lol...just watch the recent trailers.

now they just need to add fatigue and injuries and some other stuff in the next version.....they already have a FINE foundation......future looks bright for football gamers.

review scores and peoples opinions are all fine and dandy...but when you think about it, the people who wrote those reviews have moved on from the game, they don't care anymore...that is their job....to hurry with a review, get bashed, and laugh at the gamers who disagree....where as we are the ones who will still enjoy this game...as well as others who give it a chance. We are the ones who are still constantly reviewing the game as we spend more and more time with it.
There are other football games that are more polished out of the box but what you see is what you get with them.Most sports games are better through trial and error tweaking.2k games have been this way for instance.

I hope PS3 owners get an editor cracked soon.I bought an Xbox1 basically because of the 2k5 editor and eventually,when everyone thought it couldn't be done,Finn got the PS2 editor done.The ratings adjustments are working for the 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 01:39 AM   #152
Banned

OVR: 17

Probably because those games are better representations of their respective sports than BB is of football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »