Home

Backbreaker Review

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Review within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #121
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Backbreaker Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I have seen some unbelievable rationalizations here over the years, but that one may top them all.
I am flabbergasted at that rational. So am I an idiot for buying BB to play a football game? They sure had me fooled..

Last edited by Buckeyes_Doc; 06-09-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 07:53 PM   #122
Banned

OVR: 49
I would probably give this game a 5 or a 6 rating as well.

I wasa really surprised you stated the graphics were bland and just ok. Are you serious? You really dont see how far this game is from ALL other football games in graphics? Lack of features, WEIRD PLAYER UNIFORMS, and presentation?....ABSOLUTELY! Pure graphics?......UNBELIEVABLE!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #123
Banned

OVR: 9
I completely agree with this review.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #124
Banned

OVR: 1
You have to give the game a chance, play through it, learn the controlls, get used to the cam. Dont say the cam suck because your not used to it. It is hard to learn but once you do it feels right. The speed of the game is fast but so is playing real football. Yea there are flaws in this game but so do all games. EVEN MADDEN! To me Madden is like HALO, the same damn game everytime just a slight new look/features. If playing with NFL teams is what does it for you than thats ok to say, but you cant say backbreaker sucks because of no NFL tag. Because the NFL is not the standard of football.......FOOTBALL is!
Old 06-09-2010, 08:15 PM   #125
Pro

OVR: 9

I have been on this site for a long time and I simply can not believe the view point that this review was given in. I do not know if this is coincidence or not but this is like dejavu. When 2k came out I remember the same type of point of view that this game is receiving.

This game does many many things better than the competition. This game has great passing mechanics, great running mechanics and great physics/animations. SOUND FAMILIAR?

This games MAIN flaw is the high CPU interceptions/sacks sometimes.

PS: when running wait until you receive the ball at the handoff before making a move, just like a real rb. And look for holes and cutback lanes while waiting. Peace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm probably one of few people who love the game, and at the same time agree with most of the "bad" reviews.

I can enjoy some 'bad' games lol. I don't pay too much attention to reviews, since to me, it's my opinion that really matters. If you like the game, good for you, if you don't, cool. It's all just an opinion.

I'm also probably one of few people who love this game and will still buy 'the other game' and enjoy it. I just like the depth and broadcast presentation it has, plus i still like it's gameplay. But love this game for it's physics, team creator, and I have fun playing games.

I don't get the fanboyness I see across the net (not saying it's here, I haven't read through any of this thread, or pay attention to it). Like what you like and leave it at that lol.

Thankfully I like both.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:21 PM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 2

It's funny how everyone gets their panties in a knot about someone else's opinion ..

Anyways .. the PS3 better get the demo soon .. I'm becoming impatient ..
Old 06-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #128
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
and that is one of the reasons I'm soooo excited about the future of this football series
I seriously doubt there's a future for this series. Sales won't be good, reviews aren't good, I don't really see why they would go on.

Again, this thread goes back to whether you guys realize, and you don't seem to, that people are allowed to have opinions that are different than yours. You have every right to think BB is the next coming of the Lord in video game form, and he has every right to think this game sucks.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »