Home

Backbreaker Review

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Review within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-09-2010, 05:06 PM   #97
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Backbreaker Review

I understand some people are upset by the review, but I would hate for anyone to get an infraction or worse by getting too bent out of shape because of it. Please keep the comments respectful and we certainly don't need to go down the path of how other games review.

Thanks
Old 06-09-2010, 05:09 PM   #98
Banned

OVR: 12

as stated, i don't think the problem with this review is the score. The problem I have is that we come to expect an os review to come from someone with a similar mindset that is based on the reviewer being a "sports gamer" that, they can see what the average joe doesn't. This reviewer seems to have missed that perspective because the majority of the points he made, although valid, come at the expense of the learning curve initially. Most of us would probably give this game a 6-7 score, so we are not seeing thru rose coloured glasses. It has not been deemed the madden killer. But to throw it under the blitz bus of sim is ridiculous.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #99
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7

Why not just post this review under the impression thread.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #100
Banned

OVR: 7

let not Go over board with the A.I. in this game all the pass Sports games this year had some major issues with a.i but everybody said it will get patched why cant we say the same for this game.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #101
Banned

OVR: 62
Wow people are defensive over a bad review.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #102
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
This is somewhat off base. Madden 06 was an awful, unplayable game. Even by the admission of the staunchest madden fan and it averaged an 8 reviewer and 5 user
It's not offbase at all, the people who disagree with every negative Backbreaker review and would go to a site and give it 8-10 out 10 are the same one's who would nitpick on everything in Madden and give it anywhere from a 1 to a 6. Just look at the excuses that have been made:

Way too many interceptions are being thrown- "You're bad at the game" or "Maybe in the Backbreaker league the quarterbacks aren't very good so that's why they throw so many interceptions"

Way too many fumbles- "The patch will fix that"

Blockers don't pick up their man like they should- "The patch will fix that"

The computer offense is horrible- "Play online" or "The patch will fix that"

For everything else- "This is the first time they've made a game, just buy it and hope that they fix it in later versions"

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 06-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #103
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreez35
let not Go over board with the A.I. in this game all the pass Sports games this year had some major issues with a.i but everybody said it will get patched why cant we say the same for this game.
I doubt they patch this game..
Old 06-09-2010, 05:28 PM   #104
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
as stated, i don't think the problem with this review is the score. The problem I have is that we come to expect an os review to come from someone with a similar mindset that is based on the reviewer being a "sports gamer" that, they can see what the average joe doesn't. This reviewer seems to have missed that perspective because the majority of the points he made, although valid, come at the expense of the learning curve initially. Most of us would probably give this game a 6-7 score, so we are not seeing thru rose coloured glasses. It has not been deemed the madden killer. But to throw it under the blitz bus of sim is ridiculous.
yeah, I wish it were like this.....maybe OS can have extra reviews where they list various impressions from posters. OS Community Review

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »