Home

Backbreaker Review

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Review within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-09-2010, 04:36 PM   #89
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Backbreaker Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
I think the biggest mistake the Devs made for this game is not have some sort of mode where people could practice passing.

I remember my first impression of the game was, this aint good, and that was mainly stemming from my own inability to play the way I wanted to play.

Once you learn the game, you can see how good this game can be. Its a shame peoples frustrations are gonna win out over taking the time to learn what the game has to offer. Its also most of the reviews given of the game are by people who really don't know how to play the game.

The devs should really look at adding a practice mode as DLC and patch for the other issues.

I
What he said!
Old 06-09-2010, 04:36 PM   #90
Rookie

AlphaTrojan's Arena

OVR: 11
Is there some unwritten rule that this game can only receive a 5/10? He basically copied the IGN review and pasted it here. Form your own opinions instead tossing around phrases you find in reviews. Comparing this game to Blitz, are you kidding me? Backbreaker is 10x more fun and deep. Saying the gameplay is terrible is another ridiculous accusation. The game isn't perfect, no game is but you can't tell me you're not impressed when you see some of the things this game can do. Double team blocking, no motion shifting to get in position, endless tackle possibilities, they're all there. I don't know, maybe the addition of hand towels would have brought the score up.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:37 PM   #91
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

heres my question

why is it that when Madden comes out the "experts" all score it well higher than the common user. And then when a threat comes out, like Backbreaker, all the "experts" score it well lower than the average user

now, I'm not a Madden basher, I played 10 a lot, but it seems apparent to me that something needs to change when reviews and users opinions continually differ so much

the reviews arent even making an attempt at being fair and impartial, and are doing gamers a huge disservice by not evenly representing the games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 04:43 PM   #92
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
heres my question

why is it that when Madden comes out the "experts" all score it well higher than the common user. And then when a threat comes out, like Backbreaker, all the "experts" score it well lower than the average user

now, I'm not a Madden basher, I played 10 a lot, but it seems apparent to me that something needs to change when reviews and users opinions continually differ so much

the reviews arent even making an attempt at being fair and impartial, and are doing gamers a huge disservice by not evenly representing the games
Probably for the same reason that the flaws people in excuse in this game would never be accepted in a Madden game, people have given excuses for everything that is criticized in Backbreaker.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 06-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #93
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Probably for the same reason that the flaws people in excuse in this game would never be accepted in a Madden game, people have given excuses for everything that is criticized in Backbreaker.
Mood, for once we agree............... .
Old 06-09-2010, 04:51 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 6

He reviewed this as a FOOTBALL game. The physics tech is great and all, but it could have been put in any game. UFC, Rugby, wrestling etc.

As a FOOTBALL game, its a mess. And Ive seen numerous times where linebackers will float into position to make an INT, dont act like its not there.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:51 PM   #95
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
This is somewhat off base. Madden 06 was an awful, unplayable game. Even by the admission of the staunchest madden fan and it averaged an 8 reviewer and 5 user

Last edited by Dogslax41; 06-09-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2010, 04:56 PM   #96
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
This is waaay off base. Madden 06 was an awful, unplayable game. Even by the admission of the staunchest madden fan and it averaged an 8 reviewer and 5 user
Yep. People love to "conveniently" forget that stuff.

BB needs some work, and they don't need reviews that are super positive. It will help make a better game. 505 should not be high fiving each other over this game just yet.

That being said, this review came off as angry and unprofessional. It was one of the worst I have ever read on this website.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »